Agnostic.com

7 7

Supreme Court tosses citizenship question from 2020 U.S. Census, a victory for Democratic states

The ruling was a setback for the Trump administration's tough position on immigration.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can see plenty of legal aliens, even green card holders, being nervous about the citizenship question. Especially with the recent rise in aggressive enforcement by ICE. Recent revelations of intent to skew 2020 redistricting made this decision a must.

Can tourists be counted too?

zesty Level 7 June 27, 2019

There is something about when you put on that robe that sortta brings a bit of sanity to a judge. Yes, they still lean right/left but Roberts has not been the extreme rightest people thought he would be.

I was worried, without voter suppression the Christian Fascist party doesn't have much hope.

I wonder how the dumb ass in chief will react to that... He will probably try to fire them. 😁

hmmm...I might have to eat some words that I might have said about Justice Roberts..does anyone know what crow tastes like? 🙂

I am sure the taste can be masked with some good sauces lol and takes a special person to own up.? for now who knows what the future holds.you may have to give the crow back 🙂

@RoyMillar I am sure I can save up my words for a future time....but it does give me hope that some people will do the right thing...

@thinktwice,yes i do also that the right things will be done,,people need to contol congress not congress contol the people,,we have a few didn bat politicians up here also and have a federal election this fall ,Ironic thing that no one wants either of the conservatives or liberal head person as prime minister,,should be an interesting election

@RoyMillar I really don't care about the party as much as I just want decent humans to be in charge...policies are often difficult things to help and govern most people, but it seems they are easier to take if the person is at least a good person...

agreed,but unfortuneatly most people vote for the party and even if the elected one is a really good person ,they usually will vote along party lines or face the consequences,,that should be outlawed ,Aperson elected should not be penalized for voting the way the people that elected /her/him in their ridng

@RoyMillar yep...I loved one of our state Senators even though he was of the opposite party...he voted based on his constituents, from both parties...he was fair and honest...sure did not last long in politics...resigned...

Yeah maybe there is some justice left after all

bobwjr Level 10 June 27, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366470
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.