Agnostic.com

18 1

Generally speaking, I'm not very good at self-care, but it's a goal on my radar. I tell myself regularly to take that hot bath, do that yoga, make the time to make music, etc., but my follow through isn't always there or something else comes up.

What are some simple things that you do to take care of yourself? If there's something out there that takes 15 minutes or less, I might be more willing to incorporate it into my day. I'm totally open to suggestions, whether it's something new to try or a new way to motivate myself.

Nottheonlyone 7 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like meditation, sometimes using a YouTube video as a guide, for at least 20 minutes. Usually I try for an hour, though. I do this many times a week. I also like going for long walks through quiet places.

Evert day is normal until it isn't......

Let's see more of you....... ok...are you going KS tommow for the St. Pat day....I and a friend are coming up......

Planking and walking fast and not giving a damn what people think about my looks works great lol

I lost quite a bit of weight from speed walking back in the 90's. It's great exercise!

Never heard of planking until now. Be careful, though. [dailymail.co.uk]

You need a mate to shower with that. Someone just for you...... your own guy toy....

Noted!

A good warm shower works wonders for me. I just stand there and let the water splash on my back.

I used to love lingering in the shower in my younger days. I'm afraid I've forgotten how to stand still.

I try to do 15 minutes of yoga daily using the "Yoga Studio" app. I also meditate 10 minutes a day using an app called "Headspace."

Nuke Level 5 Mar 14, 2018

Thank you. I'm looking forward to checking these out.

I hate people, I mean, I really hate humans as a species. I work with a lot of really great people, I make it a point of speaking to everybody at work individually every day I am there. Most days there are about 50 workers. The goal is to break down some of the mental barriers I have. But it isn't working. I spend a lot of time in the elements, sun- wind -rain- storms in the bush, in the ocean, that is good for me.

I'm thinking a day at a state park might do me a world of good...

If you have any animals spend 15 minutes with them. Right now my Sassy is lying on couch with me and I am content.

Two things work for me.. The second one is a puppy, not a lap dog. Take it for a walk 3 days in a row. You'll get your daily exercise from then on.

Just I think do something you enjoy which just happens to exercise like ride a bike or walk a dog.

Take a walk or the steps when you can

You have to create a sense of meccesityand allow no esceptions.

Stop telling yourself to do and just do.

It doesn't matter what it is, it's a conscious decision that only you can make.
It's every day. You have to believe you're important enough to do it.
It's training yourself to think differently than you already do.
No one can make any suggestion that will work unless you decide you're
going to change how you look at, and do, things.

I think your situation (ie kids, work hours) would be the issue on what to do! Everyone has a unique situation that might not allow workouts at times of the day. A day that your off would be a planning day for the weeks events. I used to workout at 4:30 in the morning because it was all I had. Now there were days I skipped due to the lateness of the nights work. I would have to know what you want as far as healthy. Better diet, workouts, planning, elimination of poor habits! There is no one size fits all because we are all individuals going in different directions!

One thing I started doing which has been helpful is to set a calendar of goals.

Not my department have been a bachelor so long every day is like roughing it. However I do keep up on my kids every day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.