Agnostic.com

25 3

Excluding things like drugs and alcohol, what is the dumbest thing you ever spent money on? mine was a 300 dollar kitchen knife...

phenomanomaly 4 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The most expensive and useless thing I've ever spent money on was an ex-wife.

JimG Level 8 Mar 14, 2018

Ever few months or so I give online dating a try.

A pair of gold shoes which don't even fit me, but they were reduced in a sale and I like having them just to look at 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 14, 2018

I don't blame you, I would buy one of these just so I could look at it all day long:

I spent 600 dollars on a couch I have never used

I bought a vacation condo which i rarely used. It's sold now. But when I thought about it I should have just been staying at 5 star hotels ....it would have been cheaper.

I sent quite a lot of money to girls in the Philipines back when I had a softer heart and a thicker skull. I am not holding my breath waiting for any of it to be returned.

Ex wives!

All the DLC for Cities: Skylines. Now, this is an awesome game, and I love it. What's stupid is that I bought the DLC as a bulk buy, the day before a sale would have allowed me to get them for a third of the price. Since then, I've been very careful to wait until sales to buy anything I might desire.

Looking through some of these answers, I realise that my problems are not really problems.

@MarvelAnn It's precisely why I'm so careful now. Every time I buy something, I make sure I'm going to get my money's worth out of it. Fortunately, I've poured so many hours into Skylines that it has been worth it, despite the amount I spent.

California Psychics. Readings are5 dollars a minute!

Marah Level 2 Mar 14, 2018

A $70,000 sports car

Nuke Level 5 Mar 14, 2018

@NerdyOkieDude LOL! I am enjoying it but the money could have been better spent.

Clothes & shoes worn once.

Depending on the knife, it may have been a good deal. A professional Chef's knife is worth that much or more.

JK666 Level 7 Mar 14, 2018

I got several, most recent is a new 3 speed turntable, haven't hooked it up yet, had to have it. Ping putter, 2 sets of clubs, haven't golfed in 17 years... I might. Several rare and vintage records to play on my new turntable... a tuxedo... hiking boots, don't ask... the list goes on n on n on.

Tomas Level 7 Mar 14, 2018

I don't consider the money I spent on drugs and alcohol dumb. There are plenty of other things I bought that were dumb, a gun in my 20's, a couple of cars, and a Propeil slicer and dicer, but not the drugs and alcohol.

A $1200 Military Macaw.

a .50 calibre parrot?

Eye surgery last year. eye tests show no improvement, to me my vision seems worse, and eyes feel unco, oh, and did I mention PAIN of the surgery? Lots of pain.

@MarvelAnn Yes, my surgeon was bad, I had booked in to have it corrected, waited 4 hours, my son had taken the day off, she was running late and just didn't do the minor fix up. I have had surgey to remove Pterygium (surfers eye) from my left eye, I am not going to have the right eye done.

Does it slice clean?

A TIC - tenants in common. I own a piece of a shopping center. It performed beautifully until the financial mess several years back. Now, there are many empty stores, and new tenants are hard to come by, and I can't get rid of my share ... live and learn !

I spent over $500 for a barbie doll. Then exposed it to ciggarette smoke.

Been at least 20 years but I still have it. I should check it's value

I once spent 500 dollars to have the spline removed from my ferret. He died a few weeks later. I am not now, and was not then, anywhere near rich. The little guy didn't even like me.

Taking the chance to save a ferret's life was worth every penny - well done for doing that!

I bought a smart phone and accessories, but never used it, and finally gave it away, continued using a cheap nonsmart cellphone.

I hate being on the phone, so only use it for emergencies.

I spent $300 on computer software, specifically for writing a book, that I couldn't figure out how to use and ended up writing my book in Microsoft Word.

My second partner. she was dumb as fuck.

for sure it was a weak moment on my part and she didn't show her true colours for a while. I don't mind not being intelligent but she was evil, nasty but dumb hence being so negative. she was trying to fuck good friends of mine or completely slagging me off for no good reason also to my family and friends while being nice to my face.

Bought a business, that drowned the day I walked in due to the previous owner. 😟

300 dollar kitchen knife is not dumb as long as it’s not a Cutco knife.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37083
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.