Agnostic.com

9 11

QUESTION In Memoriam: Stephen Hawking - Scientist, Atheist, Intellectual Giant

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special."

Dr. Stephen Hawking

NerdyOkieDude 7 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Loved the movie The Theory of Everything and was so happy that Stephen Hawkings love it to!!!
He was a Stella Nova in the darkness of space and time

It makes me fucking angry, but shouldn't be surprising, that there are religionists trash-talking him and being their typical smug, self-righteous,asshole-y selves.
[patheos.com]

ignorant believers have been spreading lies about Atheists for 27 centuries now because their vain alleged gods cannot be proven nor relied upon for a single miracle.... scientists like Hawking expand knowledge while faiths destroy true understanding of the universe with their idiotic creationist impossible claims

Relevant to our group;
"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail," he said. "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." 
Dr. Stephen Hawking

He was the special one.

He will be sorely missed.

JK666 Level 7 Mar 14, 2018

His mother and my mother were both mothers.

We've lost a great person, a great mind, a great thinker today.
I had to update my Facebook header...

(If anyone wishes, they're welcome to 'borrow' it.)

How very true, Stephen Hawking - you will be sorely missed.

May he rest in peace.

What's the right wording then? May IT rest in peace?

@The_Antichrist May his legacy live forever.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.