Agnostic.com

12 12

You were right. He was a scammer.

People who replied to this post were correct. Well done!

Why would a man write to me for another guy? A scam?

Today I received a letter from Fitness Singles. After reporting 38 scammers on other dating websites, this is the only one that followed up with me. Knock me over with a feather.

Hello LiterateHiker,

Thank you for your report. This profile has been removed and banned.

It was taken over by an outside entity with knowledge of the account holder's password and was then used for this malicious purpose. The real account holder may have provided his password to these scammers thinking they were from Fitness Singles (we're aware of a letter being sent around, purporting to be from Fitness Singles--but it's a clear fake).

Fitness Singles will never ask you for your password--and neither should any entity with which you have an account or relationship. Please let this serve as a reminder to never provide your password for any account to anyone, period.

As was stated above, this profile has been removed and banned due to this unfortunate situation. Thank you again for reporting it to us and please let us know if you see any other suspicious profiles.

Sincerely,

Nelson
Fitness Singles Customer Support

LiterateHiker 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That was an easy determination !

Wait, whose Mike? I missed something, have been on vacation 🙂

@GreatNani

Mike Woodmansee, 63, is the author of "Trekking Washington." We met through Fitness Singles. Mike is extremely fit, intelligent and funny (surprising for an accountant.)

Mike climbed Mt. McKinley twice, along with more than 50 mountains. He is a passionate hiker like me.

We enjoy each other's company. This week, Mike is coming to Wenatchee to visit me on Wednesday and Thursday. We will have fun.

@LiterateHiker lovely! That will be great fun for you.

Very cool customer support.

Happy it turned out positive for you

Be really careful with your heart. You are worth so much more

Stay Vigilant!!! Have Fun!!!!

While it's nice to be right and all the real question remains: hows it going with Mike?

1of5 Level 8 July 8, 2019

@1of5

Great! Thanks for asking.

This week, Mike is coming to Wenatchee to visit on Wed. and Thursday. We will have fun.

@LiterateHiker cool. So we should expect a report late thursday/early friday. 🙂

How could that other person fall for the "we're having problems with our website so give us your password" thing? Over email?

They should change the phrase from "Street Smart" to "Cyber Smart".

I’m with you: I don’t recall ever receiving an acknowledgement of this type from a dating website. Great customer service!

Glad to know !

Good job

bobwjr Level 10 July 8, 2019

Detective LiterateHiker!!!! Good job!

@thinktwice

Thank you, dear!

Sherlock Holmes, at your service.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:371274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.