Agnostic.com

9 17

"I'm voting Democrat from now on," a Trump voter told me today.

"Trump and Republicans are a shit show!" Jan said. "I'm voting Democrat from now on."

"Bravo!" I replied. I feel delighted.

She and I sat together during lunch, talking and laughing at a retirement picnic for the library book club coordinator. We had a marvelous time. A new friend.

"I wish we were in the same book club," I told Jan. "I know!" she replied. But I'm committed to the group I joined in 2013. Jan and I exchanged book ideas.

Jan worked in the same school district as my ex-husband, Terry, who taught art and coached the high school tennis team.

"I can't wait to tell my friends that I met the wife of Terry!" she said.

"Terry is a wonderful father," I said. When we were married, Terry and I agreed never to argue or criticize each other in front of other people.

Small town. One more rural Trump voter turns Democrat.

LiterateHiker 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

certainly great to hear another positive voter turn about

Can you talk to the dnc ? you could get them to shoot at Trump. Dems could put up the great pumkin and I would vote for it. ABBT My cat could do a better job!

You mean there IS hope? 4.5 million did not show up at the polls in 2016.

That's truly great but I'm hugely curious which D candidate a converted R would be drawn to. Did she express a preference?

@Sgt_Spanky

"I have always been conservative," Jan said. "Trump and Republicans are a shit show! I'm voting Democrat from now on."

I didn't want to pry. Just said, "Bravo!" and "I agree the Trump Administration is a shit show. I feel horrified and disgusted by Republicans."

She agreed. I left it at that.

@LiterateHiker Fair enough. I'm gonna guess it's Joe Biden. I don't see a converted R jumping on the Bernie train.

My brother was a trump voter...now turned radically against him for a number of reasons, but mostly because of the crap at the border. He has convinced many of his fellow truck drivers and even his girlfriends to change party...he even offered to pick them all up to take them to vote this next election.

Each person only needs to convince one person to up the chances...

now if a few million democrats could have the same story!!! then the next election would be a done deal

After the last poll, I saw, showed Trump moving up in approval, what your friend said is very encouraging.

MrDMC Level 7 July 18, 2019

@MrDMC

What is encouraging?

@LiterateHiker I should have been more explicit. What your friend told you is encouraging. Sorry for the confusion. I am so glad you asked. I edited my reply.

this is such good news that i would bite my tongue and not correct him with "democratic, not democrat." the latter is what republicans use as the adjective for democrats. "the democrat party," they say, and we have picked it up. but as i say, go easy on him. he's making progress. tell him later.

g

@genessa

Jan is a woman. She and I had a marvelous time together.

She is very funny: a joy to meet.

@LiterateHiker ah my bad. when you think she's ready you can take her through that next step about democratIC. for now it's good she knows the right way to vote!

g

Perfect

bobwjr Level 10 July 18, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375478
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.