Agnostic.com

12 3

Meeting/A Negative Experience

Has anyone met, in person, someone from the site and it turned out to be a negative experience?

• 5 votes
  • 35 votes
LimitedLight 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am far to cautious to meet anyone from any site. I have had very bad experiences with men & take responsibility for my own safety. Jaded to the maximum.

Both of the people I’ve met turned out to be pretty great.

Only positive experience.

Nope

bobwjr Level 10 July 18, 2019

Meet a few, all been positive.

1of5 Level 8 July 18, 2019

I did not vote because I haven't physically met anyone yet. Quite a few of us are chatting & if we are ever in the same state plan on meeting. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I have met quite a few people from this site, everyone was pretty much what I expected, everyone was nice and they were all positive experiences. I travel a lot and will reach out if I am going to be in an area near someone I have been interacting with and try to arrange a meet up. I encourage everyone to reach out when they get a chance.

So far, I have only met one person in real life from this site. It was not a negative experience. I made a great new friend (it was not a love connection as I am not ready for romance yet). Unfortunately, (or fortunately for him), he accepted a new job offer in another state and he moved earlier this month. I am happy for him for this new opportunity, but I will miss hanging out on a regular basis.

Haven't met anybody from this site yet

I'm looking fward to have this opportunity someday

Edu_0 Level 4 July 18, 2019

I have enjoyed meeting everyone I have met so far!

Didn't vote as I am not qualified, have never met anybody from here in person. I traded PMs with a couple people, one man, one woman, about meeting them for a drink or coffee and both ghosted me once I suggested concrete plans for doing that. Asked the woman to coffee, the guy said he wanted a beer together, even tho I don't drink. Got a feeling a dodged one with each of them, but I know that will sound like sour grapes. You might add an option for those like me who've never met anyone, just to get a tally of them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375538
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.