Agnostic.com

9 17

LINK Open Letter: To my Trump-supporting family. - My Daughter's Army

Edit: I did not write this. It was published publicly and I'm just sharing.

OpposingOpposum 9 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Your discomfort is what’s left of your conscience." What a brilliant line. He has captured in a few words why the USA is doomed.

Arouet Level 7 July 22, 2019

thanks for the posting. The divide in this country is very troubling. I honestly do not know how people cannot agree that this country has always mistreated those we think of as "not our tribe" Given the technology of this century I don't think we will have a civil war but our civil war will be internal in our hearts and minds with a breakout every now and again such as what happened in Charlottesville VA. Unless something dramatic changes in this country I think the hate that was always present as the underbelly will continue to rear its ugly head and there will be war in the streets - but whose side will our government take?

TLDR

It’s that falling sky mentality whipped up by the news media. Boring stuff.

What falling sky stuff do you mean?

@OpposingOpposum Trump is the devil. Life on earth is over. We are going to have a civil war, etc. etc.

@WilliamFleming how much tragedy and catastrophe does it take exactly before you see a problem??? I see kids in cages, amnesty seekers being held in unsafe and inhumane conditions, climate catastrophe after climate catastrophe, mass homelessness and the occasional terrorist attack and that's all pretty local in my world
Literally every one of those alarmist news stories has touched my life, personally and the effects have been pretty awful. At what point do you stop fiddling and admit Rome is burning?

@OpposingOpposum this is exactly what most germans thought when Adolf Hitler was rising and then took over Germany, until it was too late to do anything about it, which brings to mind the famous quote from George Santayana 'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.'

@Mofo1953 it also smacks of an amazing amount of entitlement and callousness. "It doesn't affect me so ot isn't a real problem" is classic toxic narcissism

@OpposingOpposum Where was all this angst during the Obama years when the very same policies were in effect? It’s political propaganda pure and simple.

[google.com]

@OpposingOpposum, @Mofo1953 That is exactly what GW Bush said to justify his destruction of Iraq.

@Mofo1953, @OpposingOpposum So you are saying that I have an amazing amount of entitlement and callousness and that I am a narcissist.

Wow! Harsh. Your personal attack is a perfect example of the filth being flung by the left, replete with an air of moral and intellectual superiority, and it is the attitude that is likely to get Trump re-elected, because the American public is not as stupid as you believe.

@WilliamFleming deporting criminals is not separating childten from their parents, typical Trumper lies.

@WilliamFleming i never used those words, so do not put words in my mouth, or learn how to read properly, what I said is that the way you think about your idol Trump is exactly the same way most germans thought of Hitler.

@Mofo1953 I didn’t vote for Trump and he’s not my idol. He is however the president, legally elected, and I support the American people and respect their choice.

My response was not even directed to you.

@Mofo1953 From Wikipedia:

“...under Obama the Department of Homeland Security built family detention centers in Pennsylvania, New Mexico, and Texas.[32][33][34] Unaccompanied children were kept in holding cells, separated by age and gender while appropriate placements were found.[35][36]”

@WilliamFleming you mean the electoral college choice because the majority of the people voted for Hillary. If he's not your idol, and you respect the law, what about the constitution that gives all of us the right to free speech, what about the laws against child abise, the laws against discrimination, what aboutbthe emoluments law, huh? So you only respect selective laws.Please go yank someone else's chain with your "respect" for the law. Read some history about Germany before and after Hotler too, lhearing you is ike hearing verbatim the declarations of nost duped germans.

@WilliamFleming do you know what unaccompanied means? Puhleeze don't waste my time ok, if these minors were unaccompanied, means tgey had no parents with them, ergo no sepatation. What is the age of minors walk ing unaccompanied? Not babies you dolt!

I really liked this.

I am a military veteran that was a Catholic Republican until 2002.

I guess I started to get sick of the lies and pandering.

These people are willing to bring Hell on Earth just so the end of the world will come and I used to be part of that doomsday cult.

They are stuck in the past. I hope we can move forward.

I do believe though that 2016 was what this country needed sadly. What we see is the death throes of religion screaming and screaming, and as time progress, the kicking will be more violent and the screaming will be louder, until it is nothing but a whimper and memory.

J75243 Level 6 July 21, 2019

Very well done

bobwjr Level 10 July 21, 2019

I told them sayonara back in 2012, and I have not looked back since . . . . I grew up in a very intolerant, racist, anti-intellectual atmosphere, and I refuse to put up with racists, child exploiters, their supporters, and religio-nazis.

THHA Level 7 July 21, 2019

There are still people who don't see what's happening.

I'm not sure why they buy the package wholesale. Though Psychology Today had a good article on how the "showmanship" that 45 used in "The Apprentice" continues to be appreciated and sought out by the masses who loved watching him - they now continue doing so in Government and on Twitter etc.... they'll never give up their endorphin hits from his nonsense.

That put it in perspective a bit.

Somehow they identify with that buffoon while the rest of us are left cold. And incredibly worried about the present and future.

He said it well, and had it exactly right--"They won't listen."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377393
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.