Agnostic.com

7 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is a relationship here, as one of the first hings Trump did was lift regulations that made it more difficult for mentally ill persons to buy guns.

Absolutely.
My physician wanted me to consult a psychiatrist about PTSD. None in the greater Dayton area were taking new patients. Didn't matter about insurance coverage or ability to pay.
But! With my C&R licence from the ATF, I can walk into a local firearms wholesaler and purchase a shipping carton, ( one dozen) of my preferred concealed carry sidearm, complete with extra magazines, for about a thousand dollars. No waiting period.

This is so true, especially for teens. As an educator I have had students, one particular who was increasingly hearing voices. Parent had great difficulty getting him help due to crappy (private) insurance and difficulty finding appts. By the end of the previous school year she was hoping he'd be seen. School starts in a few weeks I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. I've taught in NC (current) and NH. Situations are the same. Also, the schools were not in poor areas, it's problem for all.

As long as we wrong our hands,and feebly offer thoughts and 'prayers' this will continue!When does this stop?

Not only is it hard to find a mental health therapist, the ones available are usually booked for months. When I was going through my divorce, it was hard to find a good one. Many were “Christian based” so useless to me. I found one that was good and her office was always packed with people waiting to see her and then she retired. I struggled to find a replacement and gave up.

Recently my cat died and I tried to find help for my grief and depression through my company employee assistance program. The choices in my area were slim to none. The one I went to made me feel worse. I can’t imagine what others go through trying to find help, especially if they don’t have the resources I do.

I feel your pain. After my divorce and the passing of my mom... My sister recommended I see a therapist. I think EVERYONE should do this. I learned a lot about myself and why I view things a certain way.

When I was searching I discounted ANYONE that had a degree from Liberty University. The last thing I need to be told is to go home and pray!

After two mass shootings in one day, we have to ask Republican politicians: you BEAR GUILT FOR THESE DEATHS in fyour persistent choice of greed and politics over the well-being of our people. Damn you!!!

Walt. It's our fault. They're in power because we voted them into office. The guilt is ours. 😥

@bigpawbullets Too many Americans did vote for them. I have not voted for a Republican in 30 years.

@wordywalt
Your opinion Walt. But we get the representatives we deserve. I'd say not enough good candidates to choose from.

And that's the Sad truth of it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:383636
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.