Agnostic.com

19 0

Do you believe in any higher power at all

Fair enough we do not believe in God, but do you believe in spirirt, guardian angels, the power of the universe or just intuition to guide us in life

artsyguy 3 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fate. I believe in fate.

The religious/supernatural impulse is strong here ;>😉. This helped me. I posted it elsewhere but thought it could be useful for us in this post. The tendency is the result of our predisposition to assign intentional agency to phenomena throughout the evolution of our psyche for survival of the species. This is Dr. Shermer at the Oxford Union.

I believe in myself.

No I am completely oblivious to anything in my life other than what is real.

I believe the sun moon and planets exist, they seem quite like higher powers

Yes I believe in higher power. That's why I smoke pot. Love a powerful high.

Yes I do. It is an amazing ability and power of a recombinant molecule that allows life, and enables living things to reproduce and for species to adapt and evolve.

No.

Without testable evidence to support any supernatural assertion, I find no reason to be superstitious. In other words, I prefer reality to fantasy.

Do I beleive in a higher power? Higher than what? If I take on spirits, guardian angels, etc. it's like I'm still believing in gods or something. I need evidence. I'm not simply picking and chosing my imaginary friends. Doing so might give you "answers" but it is OK to admit that nobody has the answers. People that do are simply making things up.

I do not believe in One God. I do believe there is something that began this life here. If it was a Mother Nature type entity or an all powerful big bang, I have no clue. I do know something besides gravity holds us together and feeds life to us through the way the earth had evolved when the genetics of man first occured. Everything neccessary for humans to exist was provided. Can that ever really be considered an accident? I do believe the Bible is a great work of fiction created simply for controlling the masses. Who says early man was wrong when he worshipped the Sun and Moon and Stars. From the beginning, men were the warriors and women were the caretakers. What created that genetic need? Obviously I have more questions than I do answers. The people I know that have passed, passed with a smile and spoke of seeing people already gone. I don't believe it was drug induced because I know someone that could talk with the dead with some legitimacy and actually worked with Chicago PD to solve 2 different murders. It is not coincidence they all have the same experiences. I do think there is a cycle to life that does not end. No life cycle ever does actually end so something else must happen after we die. I think this could be hell and the universe keeps sending us back around until we get it right.

No, but I am begining to believe in a low power, The Cult of Ignorance!

BillF Level 7 Mar 17, 2018

I think there’s a part of “us,” that knows a lot about us, and has a pretty good awareness of the world around us. In fact, they’ve discovered that when we walk into a room, a part of our brain scans the room and maps it out. Then, at some point, if something seems awry, our brains get a sense that something is wrong. Our brains seem to be quite adept at picking up on the intentions of others... if we pay attention to it.

So I think that there’s a part of us that is far ore plugged in than we realize, and if we learn how to listen to it, our lives might have a bit more guidance.

The best book I’ve ever read on this topic is: The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker.
[amazon.com]

Well I do believe in the Universe

Definitely not.

That greater powers, forces exist that exceed any individual or human collective abilty, I would have no doubt. I am not sure what would be meant by a "higher" power.

None of the above.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38432
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.