Agnostic.com

6 1

This Midwife at Auschwitz Delivered 3,000 Babies in Unfathomable Conditions - History in the Headlines [history.com]

I bow to this woman's humane heroism and her accomplishments. I am horrified that the same Catholic Church that stood with Hitler now wants to make her a saint.

What do you think should be done about this? Recommend her for a posthumous Nobel or have the UN publicly recognise and publicise her work?

FrayedBear 9 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's no such thing as a posthumous Nobel, you know. Sadly for her, and for people like Rosalind Franklin.

Fuck the Catholic church, though. The whole saint thing is such total bullshit. Just look at Mother Theresa.

It was a tongue in cheeker. Regards Theresa, an absolute disgrace.

As a Jew I thought I knew every story about the camps but this one was new to me and I watch History Channel. I knew babies were murdered in disgusting ways by Nazi Guards but didn't realize births occurred. She deserves Nobel Prize or UN Recognition. I have nightmares since learning about the Holocaust. And some ignorant morons claimed it never happenned. They should be shipped on a train to Auschwitz and see the horror that men and woman committed.

Without denying the horrors there is much argument on the numbers actually involved. What I find particularly horrific is the way that all the other victims of the camps have been denied the same recognition and exposure as the Jews. The Roma and Sinti only had a memorial raised in memory of their dead a couple of years ago and I'm not even sure if the is a memorial for the mentally ill and LGBT community even now.

They all should be memorialized. I AGREE. Were Roma and Singing gypsies?

@sassygirl3869 My typo Singing should be Sinti. The memorial was opened in Berlin in 2012.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Fuck the church, hitler used to sell his art to jews the fucking short assed none german drug taking gay part jew hypocritical little fuck pig.

[alamoministries.com]

Click the link to see some interesting Catholic photos.

Made me physically ill.

@sassygirl3869 Me too. I think it is disgusting the way the Catholics conspired with the NAZIs

Thanks for the post. I haven't previously seen them.

You made me cry! Kinda mad at you right now. She should be publicly recognized for her heroism. The church can suck it! She is a saint regardless whether they bestow sainthood on her or not.

You did not cry alone.

Well that was a horrifying article.

She was Catholic - she probably wouldn't mind being nominated for Sainthood?

It would be nice for her to get recongition for what she did somewhere other than the Catholic Church though. I agree with that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.