Agnostic.com

31 0

Pope Francis. Bad or Good?

My opinion: Somewhat neutral. Still practices plenty of the bad things that previous popes used to do such as protecting child predators. It seems like the crime isn't bad to the Catholic Church, but getting caught is because it makes the church look bad.

AustinSkepticus 7 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He is a bit more tolerant than most popes. He seems to accept gay people. He seems to respect science. But still, he is a leader of a corrupt institution. I have trouble trusting people in that particular institution. I respect the work of nuns like Sister Joan Chittister and Sister Simone Campbell. They have done a lot of work for human rights and are feminist. But I do not understand how they can remain Catholic.

SKH78 Level 8 Mar 17, 2018

Don't you think that protecting pedophiles is enough to reject him? In Argentina is not well liked.

There is no such thing as a good Pope, and NEVER has been.

Protecting child predators automatically drops you down to bad in my book. He's the face of a terrible brand. He told people where AIDS is a problem not to use condoms. He spreads misinformation for a living. Need I go on?

Pope = Mostly Bad with some good thrown in just like most any other supreme authority
The Man = Probably mostly good with some bad things thrown in, just like any other human being.

Yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38605
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.