Agnostic.com

16 24

Look what I got done today!

Big sewing push today. The notched collar was complicated.

This "no-wale" corduroy frays badly. To stop fraying, I did Hong Kong finishing on all seams. Used red bias tape for fun.

The jacket will hang overnight to develop its drape.

Directional sewing makes clothes hang beautifully. Begin at the centerline and sew outward. Start at the top and sew down.

Just a few more details to do: make a buttonhole, sew on button, back stitch, armhole bias tape finishing, slip-stitch the facing, hem sleeves and bottom.

This jacket will be cozy and warm for fall and winter. The cotton fabric has spandex for stretch. This makes it comfortable.

It fits me perfectly.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

YGG!

@IAJO163

What does "YGG" mean? I speak English, not Acronym.

@LiterateHiker You Go Girl!!!

I envy people who can sew. I almost flunked out of the sewing part of home Economics in high school. The teacher said some people just aren't good at sewing and gave me a C just so it wouldn't affect my grade average. 😏

Your a fantastic seamstress ,never had knowledge of the so many different ways you do things in your works or art

Amazing! I can barely sew a button on so this is fabulous.

@GreatNani

Have not made the buttonhole yet. Will practice on scraps of fabric. My sewing machine makes buttonholes. Complex instructions.

After the buttonhole is done, will sew on the button. Thank you!

What a wonderful skill.

UUNJ Level 8 Aug 10, 2019

Where else would you get such praise for a job well done from such a wide diversity of people, several of whom, like me, are probably not experts?

Aaww a cozy jacket , it looks cool!

Well done

I have another evening dress on. Will post pics when its done

You have talent.

MrDMC Level 7 Aug 10, 2019

Color me impressed. Very impressed. Great job.

Looks good. I used to do quilting but am no longer motivated plus there’s no room for the sewing machine since I now have a roommate. Sigh! I’d like to see anything else you create.

@lazylee

Made this burgundy dress for my daughter Claire's wedding in September 2018.

Also sewed a satin bow tie for Claire's dog Cocoa. I made it extra big to match Cocoa's goofy personality.

Holy cow! I don’t really know anything about sewing but this looks amazing! Good job

You are an inspiring person!

Very beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 10, 2019

very nice! I was looking at what it would take to do a boho ceremonial robe for a vedic sage. I like the japanese stitching and have thought about doing it myself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:386567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.