Agnostic.com

10 1

Proper dinner

I’m trying to loose weight, can someone suggest a proper dinner?

Praiz 3 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

don't try any drastic diets. just eat less of everything.

for supper this eve i had 2 slices of pizza with salad washed down with one of the 2 beers + rye & water i have in the evening.
weight stays under 150.

I have been adding fresh fruit and vegetables as day long snacking. I tend to try to eat something whole grain for breakfast, then a bit of protein at lunch with some more whole grains, and then finish out the day snacking on 1.5 - 2 lbs of fresh fruit and veggies.

My usual days intake to make up that amount of stuff includes an apple, a banana, a couple carrots, a few stalks of celery, grapes, oranges (especially the little easy to peel mandarins when they are in season), and lotsa watermelon in the summer. I'm not proud, I once ate a 14 lb watermelon in one day. Got no sleep that night getting up hourly to pee.

I started using a kitchen scale and weighing portions, too. When I was younger I was so skinny you could xray me with a strong flashlight. I often ate 3,000 calories daily and weighed 120 lbs at 5'9". Turns out proper portions were about a third of what I piled on my plate. Little changes, make 'em often, and make 'em stick once you adopt them!

Good luck, sister.

Low fat meat slow carb like potato or rice no bread or wheat product green veggie

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 11, 2019

I tend to practice, "eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch, & a pauper at dinner. " I'm usually up at 4am & have to go to bed by 9pm, so a big meal at night is not conducive to good sleep or weight loss for me.

I tend to do really light meals like a bowl of soup &/small salad, fruit & yogurt, or just a protein shake. I to avoid grains at dinner as they tend to trigger cravings.

I've been eating a lot of baked fish lately; salmon or tilapia. I get big packs of individually flash-frozen and sealed fillets and then bake one or two at a time. A dash of pepper and hot sauce and we're in business.

You're new member. Welcome!

Thank you dear, I hope I enjoy my stay here as there are lots of lovely people here

So many ways to lose weight. Start out by eating healthy, unprocessed foods (not mixes with too much sodium and fat). Healthy salads if you like salad, light dressings. Less bread, carbs, no fried foods. Good luck.

You can eat anything you want, just do it in moderation. Portion control is the whole secret to maintaining a proper weight. It's not what you eat, it's how much.

Veggies and fish can't make anyone fat...never saw a fat Thai, except maybe urban people who ate constantly at western franchises. In the US, ranchers put yellow clips on cattle ears to dispense female hormones to make the cattle gain weight quickly.

When people eat the hormone tainted meat they also get fat quickly. My Thai friends said that whenever they visited the US, even for a few months, they gained a lot of weight, but lost it as soon as they returned to natural food in Thailand.

A long walk at dawn sets thyroid thermostat metabolism to burn fat and raise your mood and energy.

If you want to loose weight, one good way is to use a smaller plate and apparently the plate should be white. Don't ask my why but research has been done on it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:386910
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.