Agnostic.com

12 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another proof to the statement: bringing a child to a church in child abuse.

zesty Level 7 Aug 30, 2019

They're still not nixing the problem. They have to SCREEN those priests thoroughly. All this is going to do is lead to multiple adult staff abusing the students.

About time

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 17, 2019

I would have thought most parents figured this out years ago!🤨

Sensible!

Carin Level 8 Aug 16, 2019

I would much rather see them get married or get another vocation. I would even tolerate a gay partner as long as you know their is some form of outlet.

Me too. However, it is still an improvement in policy.

Finally somebody is catching on.

Check back in 3-5 years and see if anything has really changed

I would never ever leave a child alone with a religious fanatic,where was his ,dad? on the piss or what

DUH!!!

Like closing the gate once the cow got out.

I think it is more like building a fence to hold the cows because not having them fenced hasn't worked out so well.

Better late than never. I guess this is a start to something that will spread in the catholic church.

We can only hope it spreads. Cardinals adn bishops seem to have a lot of local autonomy.

I think this is a good first step, but I think knowing the track record of the Catholic Church, parents really need to learn never to let their children near pastors, ministers or any religious leader.

both of you are right, they, the catholic faith is under scrutinization

@stepping I was involved in the Spotlight investigation. There were pedophile priests at Campion Center in weston where I worked cleaning dishes. The abuse was rampant. All the young men in the kitchen had been molested in some fashion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389286
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.