Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Assange Must Not Also Die in Jail

Whatever people think about Mr Assange. He has been sentenced to spend 50 weeks in jail for skipping bail. That he is locked up in a high security prison for such a minor offence is probably unprecedented and totally unjustified and unjustifiable.

PontifexMarximus 8 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Check out this video. It's in Cebu, Philippines. (My girlfriend's hometown). People get arrested, many of them are innocent, and they must spend years in the local jail waiting for a trial. The warden hired a consultant to make their time in the local jail as tolerable as possible.

[netflix.com]

Guys like Assange get lots of attention, but there are millions of innocent poor people languishing in jails around the world.

BD66 Level 8 Sep 2, 2019

Indeed... Unfortunately fewer people take notice of anonymous suffering.

I think he should be tried on the sex crime. France? I forget.

Trump would just pardon him on the espionage charges here, even if convicted.

Holding someone without bail who has a predilection of locking himself in embassies and smearing feces on the walls while there is unprecedented?

Given bail that albino mutant would be an unwelcome guest of someone as soon as he could.

Amazing eloquence!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.