Agnostic.com

13 1

Everyone loves the Beatles

Everyone has a favorite Beatle, mine is George, who's yours?

• 7 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 3 votes
ThomasLevi 6 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't have a favorite. Ringo did a nice job narrating some Thomas the Tank Engine videos.

Carin Level 8 Aug 19, 2019

umm. not everyone. 😎

I've tried to be a fan a few times over the years but it never took.

George was massively under rated, a wonderful talent.

I do not like The Beatles. I think they are overrated, and I tend to dislike things that gain more favor than they deserve.

You are entitled to your opinion obviously, but surely you cannot deny the influence they had on popular music and and those who came after them, and that perhaps your describing them as overrated maybe by way of comparison to later artist who built on what they began?

@LenHazell53 No, I'm saying that their talent was not on par with the level of praise they got. Influential and talented are not the same thing.

I like The Beatles (their music anyway) but as I was born and brought up in Liverpool (and live near Liverpool now) we seem to get almost nothing else on the radio. Sometimes it's as if there's no other music out there and I'm bored with them if not sick of them now. You can definitely have too much of a good thing.

On a slightly different topic, the catholic church really missed a trick when Pope John-Paul II died - they should have called his successor Pope George-Ringo!

I made that joke once to a young catholic girl who worked in my office, she in all seriousness asked me who St.Ringo was?

I grew up about 27 miles from where they are all from. They had disbanded before I was born and I didn't like their music. My parents did and we sung a few of the hits in junior school. John Lennon was an absolute knob.

Loved them since I saw them in the 60's

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 18, 2019

I loved the song writing talents of John, but I never thought of any of them as highly talented instrumentalist, but that's just me and my opinion.

George was a very talented and multifaceted musician, Ringo was a competent drummer, but both John and Paul's talents lay in their composing, Paul as a superb musical technician and John as an inspired inovator, they were never better than working together (Though I will grant you many of the cover versions of their music were better than the originals).
I will amend the above to say Paul and Denny Lane in wings sometimes equalled or bettered Lennon and McCartney (my personal favourite being Medicine Jar).

@LenHazell53 I agree..it’s their music that will live on. Individually, I don’t think any of them were particularly outstanding either as musicians or vocalists...but the collaborative composing skills of Lennon & McCartney were definitely what separated them from the other bands around at that time. Personally, I liked George Harrison best and think he was a better musician than the other three.

“Everyone loves the Beatles “ is not a given.

@altschmerz I didn’t hate them...just weren’t my favourite band. Never went to see them live, so that’s a good indicator of how you rate a band.

I've never been a fan of the Beetles so my musical tastes must be a bit off.

I was never a big fan either...although I have an appreciation of the music they wrote. Their real legacy will be in that.

I like them all but prefer listening to the music.

Except for people who don't love the Beatles.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.