Agnostic.com

54 14

How do you answer, "I want to know more about you"?

This message from men floors me. "What does he want to know?" I wonder. My personal history? The onus is on me to entertain him.

Yesterday I got that message from a man in Germany. "I suggest you focus on women in Germany," I replied.

Reminds me of my mother. "How are you really?" Mom repeatedly asked. Because I was born prematurely, Mom saw me as delicate, even as an adult.

"What do you want, my bowel movements?" I replied, amused, to sidestep the question.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A question like that is usually followed by several questions, what makes you laugh etc. in general romantic type questions to promote romantic thoughts?

Lol guarded a bit? Its understandable to be so. Still it seems a fairly innocuous inquiry. Best case scenario, maybe he wants to be your friend..

@thinkwithme

Yesterday, the guy who asked lives in Germany. I blocked him when he wouldn't leave me alone.

@LiterateHiker I am Sorry to hear of Your Bad Experience... we us men should had learned by now how to take a hint and act correctly accordingly. You are a Catch... You are Attractive... a Beautiful Person... but You shouldn't be Harassed or Bothered by Any One and for No Reason.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

Thank you so much!

@LiterateHiker I wonder if it was the same German guy who messaged me.

I think that is a question people ask when they are not sure what to say. Nerves maybe? If they read your bio there are usually good opening topics in there. The man I am currently seeing now did such a great job with that. Really read my bio and asked great questions. Your mom is another story 🙂)

In my opinion he wanted to begin a friendly conversation 😉

Try answering "Such as my bank and PIN number?"
The reaction will indicate whether the person is worth cultivating.

Haha, that would be a great way to diffuse the awkwardness and get them to ask something more specific.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.