Agnostic.com

54 14

How do you answer, "I want to know more about you"?

This message from men floors me. "What does he want to know?" I wonder. My personal history? The onus is on me to entertain him.

Yesterday I got that message from a man in Germany. "I suggest you focus on women in Germany," I replied.

Reminds me of my mother. "How are you really?" Mom repeatedly asked. Because I was born prematurely, Mom saw me as delicate, even as an adult.

"What do you want, my bowel movements?" I replied, amused, to sidestep the question.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How would I answer?... let's talk and find out. If it leads to something then great, if it doesn't then we both know. It's a win either way.

You ask me to write an autobiography? Keep walking. If they want to know more, spend some time.

yes ask them what hey would like to know because more than likely they will be at a loss of what to ask you and a good come back I will tell you when the time is right if we get that far

@RoyMillar

My favorite comeback is from George Carlin. "Hey, how are u today?" is the lamest message I get from too many guys.

"Not unwell, thank you," I reply. crickets

With a reply like that it does not lead into an answer to continue the conversation along those lines ,so he must change the subject

A question like that is usually followed by several questions, what makes you laugh etc. in general romantic type questions to promote romantic thoughts?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.