Agnostic.com

11 1

What is with the dump on Trump campaign?

Everyone here seems to be politically left wing biased. I encourage political debate among civilians to help give politicians a more thought out voice from the people instead of the chaotic emotional garbage they get from extremists on both sides. It is really up to us to hash out our differences and find a realistic comprimise before demanding any sort of action take place. That being said, I would really appreciate intelligent and factual information that makes you feel like our current president does not represent our best interests as American citizens. I am not trying to start an arguement with angry, irrational, or close minded individuals. I am sincerely curious, with the intent of exchanging ideas and opinions in a manner that is productive.

• 19 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 0 votes
Monty35792 4 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did not vote because you did not address the man's lack of morality. He is a sexual predator, a hate monger and his only interest is his own image. He alienates the rest of the world and is the world's laughing stock. He is a horrible representative for the United States. His hate has led to murders. His foreign policy seems to be leading to recession.

MrDMC Level 7 Aug 20, 2019

That's all? You didn't mention funny hair.

@PondartIncbendog You would think he could find a decent barber in Washington.

I love satire. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Yes, I intentionally wanted it to feel biased to get my opinion across and ask a question at the same time. The responses I am getting range from what I expected to suprisingly informative. I appreciate any specific input because this is giving me the information I need to be more open minded and understanding of everyones opinion regarding politics.

If, you don't know by now, you will never understand.

The way you frame the question is interesting. I invite you to begin the conversation with an idea or opinion of your own.

Hi Monty, you will quickly see the moderates stay away from most of the Trump discussions because they are polarized and often redundant. Most of the vocal posts are Liberal, however there is a very vocal group of Libertarians. You will not find a lack of opinions. As far as facts i am sure you have found reliable sources as you seem interested in finding evidence. Glad your on the site!

Trump’s financial record speaks for itself.
His tax policy gave the majority of the benefits to large corporations and the obscenely wealthy.
The deficit is now at its highest level ever.
His trade war with China has hurt American manufacturing and agricultural. We are now spending over $1billion to prop up mainly corporate farms - the smaller, family farms aren’t receiving nearly enough to stay solvent.
His interior department has been selling off national monuments and other federally protected lands to the oil and gas industry.
His EPA is turning its back on protecting the environment and undoing/weakening laws that protected clean air and water.
His cabinet members have had more scandals than any since Reagan.
His foreign policy has netted no benefits. North Korea hasn’t changed any of their nuclear production and continues to test missiles. His renegotiation of NAFTA has no significant impact. Our relationship with Iran is worse. Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria are no better for his presidency.
He claims to have been great for the economy, but Obama’s administration saw more jobs created in its last 18 months than Trump’s first 18 months. The stock market increased far more during Obama’s term than in trump’s.

Based off these things alone , I can’t see why any person would consider voting for Trump. When you add in his personal dramas, involvement with obstructing justice, violating election law by paying off women to maintain silence over his extra marital affairs - I feel he is a disgrace to our country.

This is where I start to lose understanding in the complexity of the subject. Profit that benefits America is in everyones best interest. If we fail as a country, we will not be able to help anyone. Allowing undocumented illegal immigrants to overload our economy and over populate our society is not in the best interest of our country because this creates a large group of people that live off of our system without actually supporting it economically, even if it is just due to the fact that no one knows how many more people actually live in our country. Currently there is no documentation or even a basic census for the amount of people that actually live here now. Data that is necessary for meeting the basic needs of supply and demand efficiently and within a reasonable predictive time period to have an appropriate surplus of needs and goods to appropriately support this substantial increase in population. Our economy will continue to suffer the more this is allowed to continue. Most entry level positions I apply for now I am competing with undocumented immigrants with clearly fake identification. Most will send the money they make back to their families while living off of our tax payed benefits such as healthcare and foodstamps. It is very hard for me to understand how any of this will help our country.

@Monty35792
Profit which has a distribution skewed as unevenly as what we are seeing now is incredibly destructive to our society. When half the country can’t absorb an unexpected thousand dollar cost, it’s not a sign of a healthy economy.

Actually, the constitution specifies that we conduct a census every 10 years (One of the best Jobs I had was with the census). The instrument in the past has not directly asked about citizenship, but demographers were able to make accurate estimates of the number of undocumented people living here.

So from what I understand from your reply is that you can’t compete for work with the lazy, uneducated, undocumented immigrants who come here to take benefits which they don’t earn?
Clearly fake identification papers? If you’re actually seeing this, why don’t you report this to the proper authorities? Moreover, why not report the employer that hires them?
Would there be an issue with undocumented people here, if there weren’t employers willing to break the law and hire them? This is not a problem solely with the Trump administration - since Reagan began to avoid enforcing these laws, no administration has prosecuted illegal employers. Perhaps this goes back to the unequal wealth distribution the working poor font have enough money to buy a Senator or Representative- much less a Supreme Court Justice.

@Monty35792 If they are working, they are paying the same taxes as the rest of us and will never be able to claim a refund or collect social security unless they become citizens...illegals contribute over $7
billion dollars a year into social security...without a working visa or proof of citizenship, they can't get health care or food stamps...where are you getting your information?

If you are applying for an entry level position, then you are also applying for the lowest wages paid and will probably not get the job because of money...illegals will work for less than you...it is not about competition...it is about finances...blame the employers, not the individuals...

And while they might be sending money to help back home, they are also consumers boosting our economy by eating, buying cigarettes, alcohol, lottery tickets, gasoline, clothing, etc. Don't buy into the false narratives.

This is very informative and will likely change my opinion strongly in the future! Thank you for your insight!

I run 3 groups that do not respect lying, cheating and traitor Donald Trump. They are Leftists, Me Too-Womens and Men's Rights and Jewish by Culture.

Your poll seems just a tad biased. I voted that i don't agree with Trump politically, but it's so much, much more than that. This has never been about politics. This is about morality, and Trump epitomizes and even exaggeratedly personifies everything that is wrong with humanity: greed, racism, infidelity, cheating one's neighbor, cheating the government, treason, tribalism, bullying, and ignorance. Ignorance most of all. The man doesn't have even one redeeming quality.

Deb57 Level 8 Aug 19, 2019

Totally agree-the man has no morals.

A tad? More like three Tad's a scosche and a smidgen to top it off.

Agree with deb57. I wouldnt allow him in my house. I wouldnt hire him. He has no scruples, is a serial liar and a narcissist. I cannot comprehend what anyone sees in him. And ih yeah. I voted for Ronald Reagan twice.

I definitely understand! I appreciate your input. Thank you!

Trump is a con artist, ignorant, racist, sexist, narcissist bully who lies every day. He is a danger to America and the world.

Totally agree of course.

And he has funny hair!

I’m perfectly comfortable having reasonable discussions with conservatives. I’ve just given up on doing that with Republicans who, in my opinion, have deserted their conservative roots and have embraced the principles of racism, anti-environmentalism, and profit at any cost.

So agree...I still hold many conservative values and used to be able to converse with Republicans on the increasing concern of the public debt and the financial instability of our foreign investments and investors...can't do that now...I also have an issue with his moral character...a man who will lie and screw another for money is not looking out for this country...the lies he spreads about immigrants is disgusting and is causing all sorts of fear and hatred...I live among the most productive and assimilated immigrants that would make many of our born in the USA citizens look like slackers...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:391051
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.