Agnostic.com

44 1

Should you ask a date for his/her credit score? Why/why Not?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (26 - 44)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely not. Credit score is not a measure of a person's worth, despite what absolutely everything else seems to imply.

If a woman asked me that I would think she's over there trying to figure out the divorce settlement already. It's not important for a date. That's what we call a red flag she's up to no good.

If the relationship is looking like it may become a lifelong thing, yes. Before that, probably not.

No. None of you business

No!! But I am laughing at the question asked. How would you even think of this question?!

Interesting question! I see a lot of no's in the answers. But think about this, if you date someone and 6 months down the line you ask and they have horrible credit, are you going to dump them? To me, love and commitment is an investment. You want someone with decent credit, with a job, stability, a car, yadda yadda. You are trying to build a future with them. I don't necessarily think you should come right out and say "hey what is your credit score?". But perhaps work around it, ask about their job, how long they've had it, how many cars have they had. Stuff like that may open up conversation from them that will let you determine if they're someone you can invest in.

Fuck no! Just about every woman I know would get up and walk away!

That's how I felt when my date asked me that.

At ANY mention of $$, i instantly block! WTH asks for financial info?!!? From anybody, anywhere?!

I ask for it in my profile. It is an indicator of financial awareness & responsibility. Is not dating similar to an interview or application for a loan of my time or the hiring of an associate.....but much more intimate? The Donald has a credit score so low that he had to go to Germany for a loan subsidized by Putin thru money laundering. Deutsche Bank. So I would not date this man were he the last pussy grabber .......but I digress. Yes. Ask for that credit score.....mine in 825 but I am working on it.

Only if they are asking for a loan?

Might not be a bad idea . Not actually asking how much income they have , but is asking how well they ( or perhaps their wife ?) handles their money .

It’d be nice, if I dated, for the other to ask me. That way I wouldn’t have a problem ditching them with the bill. Dodge a bullet.

? No!

Maybe soon ask their full name so you can check their criminal history.. but credit check? that's a later-on question

Sure, right along with evidence of a negative AIDS test, maybe their college transcript....

No. That's a bit much for someone you have just begun seeing. Why on earth would anyone ask such a weirdly specific question right off? Maybe start with "what do you like to do in your free time" or "favorite movie quote?" and not jump right into "so, your credit score. is it garbage or what?".

Are you going into business together?

There a date not a bank

Not a casual date. If it were someone I was considering for a deeper and continuing relationship, I might.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39371
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.