Agnostic.com

14 3

Thoughts about abortion

In Alabama, they're among the strictest abortion laws in the country. Planned parenthood clinics are closed because they can't get their license renewed. What are your thoughts about it? What's your state's laws? This is i think another way for Christian conservatives to control yet another piece of our lives.

• 0 votes
  • 36 votes
godlessinal 7 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Strickly against anyone making laws that say a woman must have a baby, or must not have a baby.....any law obstructing one way or the other, should be against civil rights.

Pro choice.

The main problem I have a problem with is the people who bans abortion is mostly older Christian conservative men that believes the earth is 6,000 years old, and the entirety of human kind came from one man and one woman, that was deceived by a talking snake. I think somebody that's more for equal rights and rational would be better for making rules that won't affect their body in the slightest. I'm just saying.

Definitely pro choice . All these people that are against abortion never address the consequences of unwanted or abused children that may result ,or overpopulation or a myriad of other reasons the main being a woman should have the authority over her own life and body.

Pro choice . To many reasons to mention

fedup Level 6 Aug 26, 2019

I am pro-LIFE (spelled in capitals which denotes all life.) This name is a serious misnomer because it puts human life above all others. It should be pro-human life and, as there are too many of us already, I am not. Women have to be able to choose what happens to their bodies and men have to butt the hell out.

I believe in a woman's choice... But not as a form of birth control.

Please explain your position.

@JenBeberstein I knew women growing up and as I have gotten older that used abortion as a method of birth control... IE, they used no other method. When they got pregnant, they went to get an abortion. Some of them 3-4 times. I do not believe in that as I don't for late term abortion unless the woman's life is being threatened.

Not my province to tell a woman how to run her life and most is religious Bullshit

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 26, 2019

Abortion should be legal and attainable everywhere to any woman like any medical procedure.

If men could get pregnant, they would all be pro choice.

There used to be a bumper sticker that said “If you can’t trust me with a choice, how could you trust me with a child?”

Good one

When ever people ask me this question. I always answer that I am pro safe and 100% effective contraception. Nobody should ever have to face the difficult choice of whether to have an abortion or not.

The "so called" pro life movement has never been about saving unborn babies. It's a thinly veiled way of attempting to control what people do in their own bedrooms. If the pro life movement was about saving unborn babies, they'd be out on every single street corner on the planet handing out free contraception and pumping billions of church dollars in to research projects geared towards developing improved contraceptive measures.

I'm pro choice. I'm so much in awe of life in the making that it makes me pro life too. When my wife gave birth, I thought I was watching the closest thing to a miracle I would ever see. Perhaps the miracle of childbirth needs to be balanced with the miracle of life already born and coping with the complexities of survival, dignity, mental health etc.

I'm pro-choice because I think people should be able to make their own choices about their lives, and their bodies. What are your thoughts? YAY or NAY.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:393900
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.