Agnostic.com

6 4

Bill Maher says he's glad David Koch is dead: "I hope the end was painful."

Bill Maher's intelligent humor brightened my day.

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the early 90's I was going into a Dennys and had a newspaper. While waiting to be seated I glanced at the front page about the death of Thurgood Marshall. A man next to me pointed at the story and said, "Isn't that great", and walked away. I was stunned that a man was consumed with hate that he would say that.
David Koch and his kind hurt this country and planet in ways we may never recover, but I can't publicaly rejoice his death.

I am not sad, but I am not glad either. I don't think his death will change anything much. I tend to think it isn't a person who owns the wealth; it is the wealth that owns the person.

And as for pain, I don't believe in unnecessary pain.

I'm glad he's dead, and would be happy to trade his death being painful for him passing away peacefully in his sleep 20 years ago.

1of5 Level 8 Aug 26, 2019

A little overboard, but I'm glad also. Not surprised coming from Wild Bill. One more brother to go. Wonder what will happen to their zillions of wealth & gas/oil companies.

Speaks the truth he was a horrendous person

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 26, 2019

Just think of how many people appalled by his saying this think that he, and we, are going to be sent to a place of eternal torture because we don't buy into the whole god/Jesus story---no matter how good we were during out lifetimes. At least Bill Maher knows any suffering he may have had was temporary and he doesn't wish eternal suffering for him.

Knowing Bill I'd guess he does wish "eternal suffering for him." I'd wish him an eternal itch on a place he can't reach.

@ChurchLess : Well, since we atheists don't believe eternal suffering is a real thing, any wish like that would be nothing but hyperbole.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:394126
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.