Agnostic.com

7 11

Trump Pushes to Open the World’s Largest Remaining Temperate Rainforest to Logging and Mining

“Politicians have tussled for years over the fate of the Tongass National Forest, a massive stretch of southeastern Alaska replete with old-growth spruce, hemlock and cedar, rivers running with salmon, and dramatic fjords,” according to the Washington Post.

“President Bill Clinton put more than half of it off limits to logging just days before leaving office in 2001, when he barred the construction of roads in 58.5 million acres of undeveloped national forest across the country. President George W. Bush sought to reverse that policy, holding a handful of timber sales in the Tongass before a federal judge reinstated the Clinton rule.”

"If this is a global tipping point on climate change, we have a gang of right-wing populists jumping up and down on the scales."

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He is throwing so many things out there I can't keep up. Roads and logging in the Tongass NF. Eliminating parts or all of the Endangered Species Act. Pardon people who break the law while building his wall. Just now I hear of deporting migrant children here for medical care. It never ends.

@StarvingArtist
Where are the so called sane republicans. Nikki Haley, John Kasich, or Mitt. All good Christians.
All I hear is crickets. That is until global warming kills the crickets.

Given Trump, that is no surprise.

I agree,,Clinton done the right thing,,it should be enforced forever

Irritating to say the least

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 28, 2019

This is very sad

So upset just hearing this on MSNBC. What a piece of shit he is! I'll be protesting in the near future myself -joined 3 action groups.

A major problem with the political process in countries where great wealth is needed before one can secure high political office, and where even lowly state funded posts are decided by the party in power.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:395006
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.