Agnostic.com

10 0

Baseball fans?

It is almost Baseball season and once again I am extremely excited. I live in Tampa and I am a Tampa Bay Rays fan (yes we do exist).

Over the last few years, I have travelled to opposing teams stadiums to see the Rays play.

So far I have been lucky enough to see games played in Kansas City, Denver, Seattle, Chicago (Cubs), New York (Yankees), Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Miami, and Minnesota.

This year, I plan on visiting Atlanta, DC, and New York (Mets).

These trips have been great for two reasons. It has helped me go to cities that I would probably have never visited in the first place. On top of visiting these cities, I love the architecture and design of baseball stadiums, and the way that the stadiums fit within the city and surrounding areas.

So with baseball season starting soon. Tell me about some of your baseball stories.

RobertSmith 5 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been to games in Kansas City, St. Louis, Seattle and Cleveland. Being an "old" guy I still remember watching George Brett try and do the . 400 thing. So Yes watching him, and being a Nebraskan, made me be a fan of the Royals.

one of my favorite things seeing while in KC

I remember going to see the Cardinals playing Braves in Atlanta in 87. A double header over a 4th of July weekend. I'm a Cards fan, but I felt so bad for the Braves. Got beaten badly both games. Also got to see the Cards play the Cubs in St. Louis back in 2004. Went on a field trip with one of my sons. Didn't know which team to root for. I'm one of those oddballs who like the Cards and the Cubs. Was born down by St. Louis and my grandpa was a die-hard Cards fan. But I moved closer to Chicago and spent most of my growing up years watching the Cubs. I also like minor league ball. In fact, I'd rather go to a minor league game over a major league game. Got to see the San Antonio Missions when I lived there. I've been able to see the Mobile Bay Bears now that I'm down in lower alabama. In fact, I was just thinking today of checking out their game schedule so I can catch me some games. Caught a foul ball last May when I went to a game with my wife and oldest son for my birthday.

No disrespect. But St. Louis was the worst city that I have been to so far.

I never understood why rounders is such a big deal over there.....

(Runs and hides) 😉

I WILL FIGHT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (joke)

You have to visit Boston and world-famous Fenway Park of the Red Sox. Lot of cool bars to go on pub crawl.

Fenway is of course on my list. hat thing is that the Rays play there 9 times a year, and some of these other stadiums (Like Mes, Braves, DC, this year) only happen every 6 years. So I end up having to schedule those over Fenway cause it's a long time before I get that shot again.

But when I do get to Fenway. I intend on getting seats on the wall.

The Big Green Wall lol

Enjoy baseball more than I used to. I watch a single-A affiliate of the Tigers in person. I like the small stadium, which is usually full, and the atmosphere. I went to a number of Tigers games back in the 70s at Tiger Stadium, which was a historical venue even then and whose one charm was that it was historical. I have been to Baltimore's new park and really like it. Enjoy your games and trips. You won't regret them.

Thanks. Will do

The Durham Bulls are your AAA affiliate. I try to get out for 2 or 3 games a year. I'm an old Phillies fan though, and I did what you are doing to a lesser extent. Went to see them at Wrigley, Washington DC, and at Citizens Bank. There might be an excursion to Atlanta this year as well. The DC Park is beautiful, you'll enjoy it. You need to add Chicago to your list, Wrigley is a rare treat.

I have been to Wrigley

I love minor-league baseball. The stadium in Peoria, Illinois is partially below street level (something like Camden Yards in Baltimore). Many of the players can only dream about someday being a major leaguer, and they play with enthusiasm and joy. Box seats are under $10 and you don't need to get a second mortgage in order to buy hot dogs and beer. Have also visited the Cardinals triple a stadium in downtown Memphis. It is also a great place to see a baseball game.

As a lifelong Cub fan, have made numerous trips to Wrigley Field, but my fondest memories are from my childhood visits.

@PappyOnWings Those are some of the reasons I prefer minor league games. Low cost, don't have to fight the huge crowds, deal with horrendous parking, the fans are like family (the regulars) and they enjoy the game with you, and I see a lot of enthusiasm from the players. The Bay Bears organization here in Mobile try to make it a family affair.

I live in Houston, but have never been a BIG TIME Astros fan. But, boy howdy, this is a good squad.

I am kinda a fan without a team. I follow the Astros, Rangers, Cubs and Pirates. Astros because they are close. Rangers because they are the other Texas team(with Houston had stayed NL), Cubs because when I was in summer school in the 80s, I'd get out of class and watch WGN. Those were the Sandberg, Grace, Bowa, Jody Davis Cubs. Easy to like. And Pirates because of Roberto Clemente. Hence the 21 in Phil21.

One of my favorite memories was in 1950, when I was 13. Knowing that the National League playoff game between the Dodger and the Giants was on, as soon as school was out, I rushed home , hoping to catch some of the game. i arrived at home just in time to hear the 9th inning on the radio, when the Giants completed a fantastic comeback when Bobby Thompson hit a 2=run home off Ralph Branca with 2 out in the 9th. Being a Yankee fan at the time, I rooted for anybody to beat the Dodgers.

I follow the Cubs, and sometimes various players around the league, so basically check up on how they are doing?, should be an interesting year, as it usually is

Nice to meet a fellow Cubby fan.

Yes cool, im hoping for a great year from them

Huge baseball fan myself, however not so lucky to be able to travel as much to see other ball parks. I grew up in Cleveland in the 70s and the tribe will always be one of my teams to root for. I have lived in Minnesota for 23 years and became a Twins fan soon after moving here. Target Field is s great ballpark.

Target Field (and Minnesota) really is. I absolutely loved it and hope to get back there again sooner than later.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.