Agnostic.com

11 9

Poor Diet May Lead to Age-Related Sight Loss

A poor diet including high fat and cholesterol-enriched food may up risk of developing eye diseases which could lead to sight loss.

It's time you start taking your diet seriously if you wish to keep your sight intact. The latest study by University of Southampton concluded a poor diet including high fat and cholesterol-enriched food may up risk of developing eye diseases which could lead to sight loss. The study was published in journal Molecular Nutrition & Food Research.

The researchers said retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells in the eye may become damaged due to unhealthy nutrition.

Eating a diet of French fries, Pringles and white bread was enough to make one teenage boy lose his sight, according to a case study published in a medical journal.

[food.ndtv.com]

[wreg.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's been a very very long time but, thank you for sharing this vital information regarding the impact of diet on eye health. The case study you mentioned about a teenage boy losing his sight due to a diet consisting of items like French fries, Pringles, and white bread serves as a stark reminder of how our food choices can have real and profound consequences on our well-being.
For those interested in delving deeper into this topic, I recommend checking out the article available at [anypickleball.com]. It provides a more comprehensive understanding of healthy nutrition. In conclusion, taking our diet seriously is not just about our physical health but also about preserving our vision for a better quality of life.

What is cholesterol enriched food?

@MarkiusMahamius

I think the author meant foods high in cholesterol.

Trans fats, organ meats, margarine, commercial baked goods, hamburgers, shellfish, fried chicken, french fries, etc.

Stunning. Eating shiite makes you go blind. Preservation of the species.

makes sense... blindness here I come!! 😛 😛 XD

i eat healthy during the week,,weekend gets to me ,love lots of salads and prefer the Mediterian style of eating

Poor diet causes many problems. A western diet is going to kill us all.

I posted the BBC article on the affected boy, also in health and happiness.

That's funny when I was growing up it was masturbation that would make you go blind

yes i heard that too,another power and control by your parents lol

@MissKathleen
Very good.

NOW you have my attention!

Important to note that these foods are characterized by inflammatory industrial fats and high levels of refined carbs. Not good.

I eat a lot of animal fat, a fair amount of cholesterol, and at 64 have near 20/20 vision.

@Mitch07102

Enjoy living dangerously.

"My father smoked and lived to age 96," is a common argument by people in denial.

This doesn't disprove the fact that smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke and other diseases.

[cancer.gov]

@LiterateHiker Re: Smoking, of course, I agree. The outliers do not make it safe.

While not risk-free, I think I live a fairly safe life in large part due to how I eat. Which is much different than how you do.

The boy was prescribed a vitamin supplement, but refused to take them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397925
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.