Agnostic.com

8 8

LMAO, I think about this every time a sports personality thanks God or Jesus for their victory, home run, touchdown, etc!

DGJ0114 7 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, as I've said, just once I want to see some guy point to the sky when he strikes out...

lerlo Level 8 Mar 20, 2018

Personally, I exaggerate expressions of diety-praise for the sake of sarcasm. I enjoy watching the subtlety of my disrespect for religious beliefs reflected in the faces of my victims.

And some days he wants to watch object poverty, murder and child molesting.

I'm waiting for the non-chickenshit athelete to look up at the sky and shake his fist when he screws up. I'll buy his jersey.

So, assuming the fans are pretty much divided half and half, is god ignoring the prayers half of the fans, and what made him give preference to the winning team. Is the winning team more righteous? Or does god just not exist and we're all out here on our own and actually have to practice and work for our stuff.

The last part of your answer!

Look up the song 'Drop Kick Me Jesus Through The Goal Posts Of Life' and you will see it makes perfect sense.

Wow, man...I haven't heard that saying since the 70's!

@Highway-Starr I think Mac Davis recorded it. Funny song.

@Sticks48 Bobby Bare did it: "I've got the will will Lord if you got the toe". Bwahaha!

@Highway-Starr You are right. I hung out with him on his bus in Austin one night. Nice man.

Haha! I saw after a basketball team one say they had been praying to a nun! I was like, yea, she made the winning shot for ya!

A lot of praising the Lord in the end zone - lol.

Funny how they don't praise him when it's 3rd and 40 yards to go with no time outs and 3 seconds left on the clock while their 6 points behind and still on their own 18 yard line. Duuuuuhhhh, foooooosball...ha ha

@farmboy2017 LMAO, so true! I'm waiting for the day a team or player is crushed during a game and they thank their Lord and Savior... I never saw Tim Tebow take a knee after a loss!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39913
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.