Agnostic.com

10 3

Well if religion has a pope then non religious should have a council to debunk all the untruths in religion. Where is the checks and balances?

azzow2 9 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

An agnostic pope, assumed infallible, would have to assert (infallibly, of course) that god is in a quantum superposition of existence and non-existence.

The most brilliant minded people know that they will make mistakes, how they recover from the mistake is what really counts.

Ag/A need a P00pe about as much as Cats do.

An agnostic pope would, of course, have to be infallible. 😎

I think the situation is that people are falling out of the template of religion. The cheerleaders of faith are trying to keep up an organization where more people are changing from it every decade.

I could say scientists, people of other faiths, plain old athiests, et cetera are the leading representatives against the church, but I believe it's the wave of modernism. It's not a single organization or person that is the anti-religious figure, but more of a movement, whether good, neutral, or evil. Common people can now do things that were not possible by kings and popes in the days of scribing the King James Bible. It's showing people that ignorance and lack of capability was a conveinient cage for belief.

Catholics have someone telling them how they should believe and how they should worship. I don't need someone telling me how I shouldn't. There are plenty of outspoken atheists and agnostics. To put a single one of them on a pedestal the way Catholicism does with the Pope would be completely at odds with the non-belief system.

There called scientists

Bankers? 😉

They're called scientist.

Where are their big funny looking hats? lol

Good idea.

Would that person be called a "Nope"?

Like it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.