Agnostic.com

108 12

How would you reply to a theist who says, "You send yourself to hell"?

I don't really believe in an afterlife. I've had talks with my close friends, asking them why a good God sends people to hell. The reply is always, "you send yourself". This statement irks me so much!! How would you respond to that?

Biblebeltskeptic 6 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

108 comments (101 - 108)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So the Hell theory, based on a book, intensified by every religious group ever...bombarded from everywhere to become an actual place to make you think that if you are "BAD" in any way shape or form or goes against any religious group policy then you will go there...Nope...

I couldn't care less about it but I would question why on Earth he/she will get scared when faced with a potential threat/ dangerous situation if they are so sure they will go to Heaven...

Exactly. If heaven were real, I don't really see the appeal of that either. To be numb to the fact others are tortured for eternity while you're a robot in heaven would be JUST LIKE HELL.

@Biblebeltskeptic >>To be numb to the fact others are tortured for eternity while you're a robot in heaven would be JUST LIKE HELL.<<
Exactly exactly!

If you're interested..
[agnostic.com]

Or,,,You're strange, get away from me.

Can your "God" make me a ham sandwich with pickles? I can.

"Oh well, I won't bother then"
"But it's not up to you"
"So, I don't send myself?"

you hafta learn to step outside of their vacuum and look at it all objectively. we're all going to the same place. this little myths and theories that tiny pissant humans come up with don't mean crap ... where ever it is, whatever it is ... we're ALL going. I prefer a path getting there that is not based on fear and hate. I choose love and belonging. the abrahamic beliefs don't offer that. Personally, I choose science and vedantics.

Only a seriously stupid god would create people only to later condemn them . . . . if that were the case, and god was all-knowing, why bother to create them at all?

It’s not what I would say. I’ve had this spoken to me and I’m confident that given the variables involved that I would decide the appropriate response again.

Why do you ask? Has this happened to you?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:399755
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.