Agnostic.com

4 9

A list of scientific discoveries that were proven wrong using religion...

silvereyes 8 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is possibly the most comprehensive list I've ever seen. I mean, there are some lists that actually have items on them, how strange is that?

@ThomasMeador I was trying to be humourous... I've just made a quick search. There is no such list. There is no item that turns up that even comes close. The best the religious can do is say that science doesn't prove religion wrong.

Which it often does.

It depends on your frame of mind. If I don't believe in science, I don't accept scientific evidence. If I believe in 'religion', I already have the proof I need. God said it, so it must be true.

That's the way many people view religion, at least around here in the timewarped south. Science to them (this is used in the most general of meanings) is a belief.

To Edward59......HOGWASH!! davtim68hits it on the nose. Science IS! There is only true and not true.Not accepting scientific evidence raises the specter of ignorance. That way of thought sends us back to the caves.

@Hidethebody Don't get too excited. I don't believe that, but there are a lot of people that do. Yes, it seems naive, dumb, brainwashed, etc. Doesn't change the fact.

And the list continues.

Jeff Level 3 Nov 17, 2017

Perhaps less known is number 11:

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4005
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.