Agnostic.com

10 8

I have recently lost a few people who I was beginning to enjoy the presence and company of, and it's because they found out I'm an atheist. To avoid this from happening in the future, this information is going to be one of the first things Ishare about myself. Hi my name is Oscar, I'm 28 years old, I'm an atheist and I don't have any pets LOL

oscar4jac 4 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I've also lost a lot of so called "friends" once they found out I am a Pantheist. I've had religious people pretending to be my friend only few years later try to convert me into whatever their religious beliefs were. Had to terminate those people who just cannot respect my life choices. I don't go around preaching others to be. Strange how most hearing people who are fluent in ASL tend to be very religious. What gives?!

Seems to me that some people only learn sign language as a way to preach in a different way sort of. But hang in there, I'm sure you'll also find people who are smart and have the same beliefs. Thanks for the comment.

Not a bad idea. I have found quickly bringing up the evils or faith (belief without evidence) (the foundation of all religion) and how promoting faith as a method to determine truth was dishonest. They figure I am talking about religion and quickly back off before I wind up wasting a bunch of time with a superstitious person. I hope you have a larger pool of rational people to choose from as friends etc then I.

Good for you. Anyone who doesn't want to know you because you are an athiest, isn't worth knowing

Ah, religion strikes again. Oh and welcome to the club 😀.

Hi Oscar welcome to our Freethinker community.

Being delusional should not be a requirement for friendship

There are so many serious things that can be a deal breaker, it's unfortunate such a nonsense thing matters.

To avoid misunderstandings, I've learned to tell possible romantic prospects my age immediately, mention that I am very active, eat health food, am an avid reader and bird photographer, and am a partial transmale.

That way, if people want a femme partner who will stay home, clean, fit into their lazy lifestye, and cook pizza for them, they can move along without further wasting our time.

There not friends if they don't respect your beliefs like they want you to respect theres. welcome.

Thank you, I'm glad I can come here and get nothing but support and positive feedback. It's a true "blessing" ha ha ha ha
No but it does brighten up my day. Thanks.

Hell yes mate lol

Sorry to hear that, but if someone is going to hold that against you, probably best in the long run

I agree. Thank you. And ones religious beliefs shouldn't define a person. That's childish and immature if you ask me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40146
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.