Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK Photographer removes our smartphones to show our strange and lonely new world

This shows the downside to our latest techonlogy.

snytiger6 9 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I dunno ... I've been around decades before smartphones and there was plenty of loneliness then, or times when people preferred solitude. I think smartphones have given connection to a lot of people who were otherwise alienated. Granted, I think using your phone when in someone's company is rude, and it's rather sad when people use it to neglect those closest to them. As @LiterateHiker pointed out, it signals "You're not important."

I think the point is that even when peopel are next to each other they'd rather text each other than talk. Ovarall technology has distanced peopel from each other more than brought them together.

"You're not important" is the message you send by looking at your phone while meeting.

It's a rude, disrespectful dismissal.

I leave my phone behind on hikes, in meetings, on dates and at the gym.

But how are they going to take a photo of the restuarant meal and send it to all their friends. It just won't taste so good.

I was antisocial before smartphones

I think a lot of us who are labeled as "anti-social" are in reality just unwilling to put up with society's general stupidity.

But of course they are not ignoring people on the whole, they are just communicating with someone else, who is not in the photo.

But you can look at cat memes 24/7, so it's worth it.

LOL... More like that is one of the few actual benefits....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:403786
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.