Agnostic.com

33 5

Have you ever had a mystical or near death experience?

Some people say such experiences gave them tremendously expanded perceptions & awareness.

If you have had such an experience, do you feel you became aware of anything real, or was it just an altered brain state, like taking LSD

Remiforce 7 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh yeah I had a big one. The light in my room became blinding and his presence as so strong I dropped to my knees. I was on some pretty good LSD at the time though so I doubt it was real.

Too bad your consciousness was clouded by the acid. What presence did you see?

@Remiforce I didnt see it just the light. I felt it and that feeling was probably oxytocin

Every day... when I wake up I return to this plane.

Some say dreams are astral walks, but the trick is to do it while you're awake

I've had near death experiences before but they never included mystical experiences even with drugs.

Well,you can't win all the time

@Remiforce

How do you define "near death"?

1. No heartbeat, then revived through medical intervention.

2. Nearly fell off a cliff.

I experienced #2 several times while hiking.

Me too! I took it as a message from the Universe that I should avoid great heights!!

People who have had NDE's are usually people who have been considered clinically dead, often for a considerable time, sometimes days. No heartbeat or pulse, no respiration, flatliners with no discernable brain activity.

People in this state have sometimes been known to wake up in a cold morgue. That must be a very frightening experience.

More people are reporting NDE's because of cardio-resusitation, where they can bring flatliners back.

People in NDE's often report floating above their bodies & seeing what people, such as medical personnel are doing. They often report accurately what was said & done when they wake up. They often report leaving the room & floating up to the waiting room to see what their grieving relatives are doing.

Very experienced meditators can put themselves into a state of suspended animation, where they appear to be dead, but are functioning at theta brain wave activity & have control of their state.

Having a close call in a near accident is a terrifying situation, but it is not an NDE.

@Normanbites The universe communicates with us in many ways. We must be open to receive

1. It was a damn sight more peaceful & pain free than being strangled!
  2. And after the stroke (many years later) it was also a better place than that hospital bed, where I had lost control of one eyeball, lost the ability to read/write/ speak clearly, and could not recognize anybody until they spoke. Mystical my ass! Do you think if you are dying everything is rainbows & soft music? That's hospice.........
    Just dark, quiet,peaceful,and no pain....really lovely.
    And anybody who blats on about how "it gave them purpose" or whatever, just wants your money!

Yep. NDE, but I have not been conditioned in the religious sense so the only similarities to many I've heard about and a couple from folks in a group, was the tunneling of 'vision' and light at a distance. I tried to tell people about mine, but they said I was making it up because it didn't parallel what they'd heard. In mine there was considerable humor and nonsense along with colorful flashes and such (actually mirroring my daily life of fun, nonsense, and flashes of color). If I had told them about meeting relatives and ancestors along the way, maybe an angel or two replete with wings they would probably have been satisfied.

Anyway, in spite of the opinions from others, I know it was real because vitals were flat for a couple of minutes according to the docs, and they said the EEG was showing lots of activity. So, no, it wasn't the source of any major change in my life. I didn't start worshiping parking meters, getting visits from the Heavenly Hostesses, or hearing a wee voice in my mind guiding me to higher purpose. To tell you the truth, the whole experience just made me a lot more hesitant of going to doctors over anything, and at my age, that's not such a bad thing.

Just from mushrooms. 😉

No. but I once had an out of body experience. I was at a rock festival standing in front of the stage when suddenly I was 100ft up in the air looking down on the stage and crowd. I got such a fright that I immediately came back down again. Some mind altering substance had been taken but nothing substantial.

Many people have astral walks. When you are out there again, you might stay & enjoy it. If it is not your time to die, you'll come back

@Remiforce Hope so

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:404281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.