Agnostic.com

37 6

Finish this sentence..

I miss the good old days, when...

AMGT 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Icould afford to go out 5 times a week.

When have a bad new day

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

I was married to Diane. She's dead now.

...men were men and sheep were nervous.

😉

There was more respect in the world, and I could surf freely without having to be concerned about assholes.

@AMGT yes, the locals usually ARE the assholes.

@AMGT it had gotten especially egregious in Palos Verdes where the locals beat people, trashed their cars, and ran them out of the area; until the courts got involved, anyway. Beatings at Malibu were not uncommon until guys started getting arrested and sued. Yeah, it's really stupid.

You had to be home before the street lights came ob!

..I didn't have any common sense.

It didn't matter

There were no serial killers.

of course there were

How about… When serial killings and mass murders were uncommon enough that they were headlines, instead of buried on page 4.

unfortunately they have always been with us

OK ok. Ofcourse there were. We were naïve to think there weren't. Ot too ignorant to think there weren't. Or too young to think there weren't. Or were told there weren't. Geezzzz.

Diptheria, Whooping Cough, Polio, Smallpox, Yellow Fever, Slavery, World Wars, The Great Depression and dust bowls were everyday events

I could stay up through an entire night and the next day.
Trump wasnt in office.
I had a boyfriend, tbh. I like being single mostly, but I do miss it a lot sometimes. Just havent found the right person...or life has gotten in the way in some form.
People werent constantly on their fucking phones! I mean i am on it a lot cuz im a total gane addict, and ive always texted a lot even when i had just a flip phone, but jeez, shit like texting each other when youre all sitting together? Sitting silently on your phones at the table or in the living room? Drives me crazy. SO glad I don't hang out with people who are total phone whores.
I could run around outside and all in the neighbourhood as a child.
I just had less stress. Ive never been entirely stress-free but...yeah. When i didnt have to worry about being an adult or having responsibilities of any sort...-sigh- its ok most days now though, but thatll change as I get more independent and responsible and move out and...all that sort of stuff. Ugh lol.

...kids could be kids.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40714
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.