Agnostic.com

9 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This also seems to be generational. When I was growing up, women where never told to prepare for college. I graduated from high school in 79, never thinking I could go to college. I went in my forties after my divorce. If I didn't go I'd be making minimum wage and struggling. I had been a stay at home when my kids were young. My children, two girls and one boy (all adults) all went to college. Giving them the ability to take care of themselves and if need be take care of children. My oldest daughter got a PhD.

I have a similar story. My dad said NO to college and as that was 1976, I had no choice. I joined the Army instead. My three kids went to college, two graduated. I was a stay at home mom, went back to school when the youngest was in HS, got my Associate's degree. Then got a divorce and got a job. Had dad let me go to college the whole story would have been way different.

Typical for many south American men too much macho going on, I prefer an educated woman,it's easier to plan a future together be actually happy

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 29, 2019

My generation was accused of going to college to get an MRS degree. I went to college to become self-sufficient and independent and free from running a bar like my parents did.

Fortunately, intelligence and education are not the same thing. I support education but I am well aware that there are many very smart women who have never been to college.

Off with his head!! What a foolish man.

Fuck him, and his Pedophile loving church..

I was told this in high school when I asked for help in algebra. Don’t worry, girls don’t need it. I said then why am I in the class? I got a college degree before my ex husband did and he said I thought I was better than him. Women get all sorts of negativity regarding education and it saddens me that it’s still happening in the 21st century.

Wow, there's a huge pile of stupid there!

"Edir Macedo became a Brazilian billionaire in part due to tithes he collected from the church he founded in 1977: the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God. The church’s myriad scandals include child trafficking, money laundering, and flat-out theft from its poorer members.

But Macedo is in the news for a very different reason this week. He allegedly told his daughters to skip college so they wouldn’t become smarter than their eventual husbands."

That 'I love it' emoji only applies to the first sentence of your reply. The rest of the asswipes story really pisses me off. Frustrating how people get taken in by the BS of pastors.

I guess marrying dumber is alive & well....if that's what you need to feel manly, mazeltov!

Male here sorry. Thinks bishops don't know they are talking ####, because the uniform is far too overly respected, and therefore nobody ever points out to them that they are talking stupid. So they get away with it their whole lives, and start thinking they are normal.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408213
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.