Agnostic.com

20 14

First snow of the season and it's still September!

Yesterday it snowed in the mountains and rained in the valleys. Wenatchee, WA is where I live. We're having an unseasonal cold snap.

Sorry the photo is blurry. I was raining hard when I took it.

Tomorrow I get new tires put on.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Same system that brought 3 ft of snow and 60 mph winds to Montana, I presume?

We went to 4 wheel drive this year with a new Subaru CrossTrek plug-in hybrid. They say with 4WD you can get by even in our hilly environs without snow tires, but out of an abundance of caution I'm going in later in October for snows for it. I feel in my bones it will be a long winter this year in upstate NY. Hope I am wrong, but ready if I'm not.

no mention of snow here on van isle. golfed today in shirtsleeves. still will be glad to be heading south in a few weeks.

Maybe an early ski season in the cascades?

It looks a little blurry, but it's still a magnificent landscape. I live in Michigan, and the snow will soon be falling here as well.

This looks like an impressionist painting. Great.

I'm in Missouri but this means I have to hurry and finish painting my back porch.

Well, we are now in spring. On Thursday it is going to be 27C, far too hot for spring. Global warming is at full swing.

We sometimes have rain, but what's snow? 🤣😂😃

We have had snow a few hundred miles norh of us but not much over the last few weeks 18C here today

Snowed on Mt Hood too!

Remi Level 7 Sep 29, 2019

Fall has come early here but I think even earlier on your side of the Cascade Curtain.

Get your snowshoes ready! At least you are not getting slammed like Montana.

CS60 Level 7 Sep 29, 2019

Totally gross !

That's a lot of the reason we don't live in WA anymore. I'm not sure it 'rained' by AZ standards the who!e 10 years we were up there -- but it was gray and drizzled almost every day.🤗

The people and lifestyle were great but we got very tired of it being fall all year round. It's nice to have four seasons again. Ha, ha.😎

@RichCC

I live in sunny Eastern Washington. Second photo: sunrise in Wenatchee, 12/28/2018.

@RichCC

The incontinence of Seattle," I call the endless gray drizzle.

@LiterateHiker We don't miss that in the rain shadow we are in. The one negative thing we can't control is the hours of darkness in the winter.

@LiterateHiker I'll grant you Eastern WA.
I used to get homesick every time we went that direction. There are some things about WA that we miss. 😎

A couple of our closest friends used to spend as much time as they could at 'YakiVegas'. That was their favorite getaway.😎

Here in Butte, we’ve only had a few inches fall, but it’s supposed to keep snowing through tomorrow.

The view from my front door -

I love the cold and snow of winter. it's just awesome, plus i love driving my jeep around in it. but in spokane, people can't drive, so you ahve to watch out for the other guy alot.

It's starting early

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 29, 2019

Ah, Montana got three feet of snow this weekend. [krtv.com]

I saw that this morning

Last year we had full on snow starting on September 13. It's been cold but not much in the way of snow here now except some spitting sleet or ice crystals now and again. A bit south and west of here has been getting quite a bit of snow I believe.

93 here in nc. I would like something in between these two temps....

And it was quite humid here in the foothills...

@Heidi68 its crazy hot here.... what was todays temp there?

@Bigwavedave my thermometer says 95° - it is under a tree about 25' away from the house... My dad said it was 83° on the mountain above my house.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408255
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.