Agnostic.com

35 17

LINK Fox News Op-Ed: Atheists Are ‘Bullies’ Who Try To Force Their Beliefs On Others

'"Atheists today are the most arrogant, ignorant and dangerous people on earth."

"There’s no polite way to say it. Atheists today are the most arrogant, ignorant and dangerous people on earth."

So begins Anthony DeStefano's op-ed for Fox News, throughout which he claims that atheists are responsible for the vast majority of humanity's suffering, wars, death, and destruction.'

Yes, I went through the history books and added up all the wars started in the name of non-religion. It was shocking. (Spoiler alert- it was zero.)

Paul4747 8 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More made up shit coming from Faux News.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I love it ! U kidding me ? This is GREAT !!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Having done no research other than read this post. Couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup. Guessing he's a christian. 😉 I'll admit ignorant. Hell, I'll admit arrogance to the degree I wonder how I present sometimes. I'd be lying just like this guy otherwise. Dangerous? Fuck off. Wouldn't get off the couch to know you let alone harm you. Where do you think people get justification for abhorent behavior? Lack of a belief in god? Not in a million years has that been a motivation for cruelty. Wait, not in 6000 years has that been a motivation for cruelty. Dangerous to his way of suspending reason on any topic? You bet. And just guessing here - he is two for two. Because one his god don't exist and two, a lack of belief in gods is not a source of conflict other than to make the religious look foolish in arguments with what they themselves say and wrote down to follow. Dangerous to the existence of his god? Most certainly. Demographics show this. Please forgive the rant if that is what he meant by dangerous in the first place.

One last thought. If he means to say that I lack that one last step, that thing, that might just make me NOT commit a heinous act, or sin as it were, as it apparently does him (or might just?), well then he has got me there too. However, I don't believe in gods, no plans for heinous acts. Except maybe blasphemy. And to what degree does god "control" his sin? Does it work on the little ones? Like lying? Cuz it appears not. So if it doesn't work... why should I trust that not all christians are murderers. Some of them are murderers. Want more baffling logic? Listen to that clown more often.

People of the world have a need to believe in a god to make sense for filling the holes in their minds.
I don’t think that is any physical proof that there is a god that created the universe and the only thing that belief in a god allows them the ability justify their actions.
Just because a religious concept has remained believable by some people does not make it factual.
There have been thousands of God’s and religions that some have believe, like children who believe the story of Santa Claus.
Religious people should face the fact that god didn’t write a book that is invulnerable to be edited or an engraved edifice that is impervious to erosion. Religion is the result of faith of the unknown.
I don’t need to fear a god punishing me for not following rules in order to be a good person, nor do I believe that I will be sent to hell or heaven when my life is over.
Am not writing this to support any religion. Iam not trying to pass judgements.

Peace!

All I needed to see was "Fox News Op-Ed"🤣🤣🤣

The French Revolution, noted for its "unprecedented atheism," "..exiled 30,000 priests and killed hundreds more.[4] " in the name of atheism government?

Word Level 8 Oct 7, 2019

Have you not heard of or found info. On French war?

You say" Yes, I went through the history books and added up all the wars started in the name of non-religion. It was shocking. (Spoiler alert- it was zero.)"

Atheism war "New forms of moral religion emerged, including the deistic Cult of the Supreme Being and the atheistic Cult of Reason,[5] with the revolutionary government briefly mandating observance of the former in April 1794.[6][7][8][9][10]"

"...government briefly mandating observance of .... Cult of [Atheistic] reason."

The French Revolution initially began with attacks on Church corruption and the wealth of the higher clergy, an action with which even many Christians could identify, since the Catholic Church held a dominant role in pre-revolutionary France. During a two-year period known as the Reign of Terror, the episodes of anti-clericalism grew more violent than any in modern European history. The new revolutionary authorities suppressed the Church, abolished the Catholic monarchy, nationalized Church property, exiled 30,000 priests and killed hundreds more.[4] In October 1793, the Christian calendar was replaced with one reckoning from the date of the Revolution, and Festivals of Liberty, Reason and the Supreme Being were scheduled. New forms of moral religion emerged, including the deistic Cult of the Supreme Being and the atheistic Cult of Reason,[5] with the revolutionary government briefly mandating observance of the former in April 1794.[6][7][8][9][10]

Word Level 8 Oct 7, 2019

The French Revolution, noted for its "unprecedented atheism," witnessed the first major political movement in history to advocate for the supremacy of human reason.[17]

The French Revolution (French: Révolution française [ʁevɔlysjɔ̃ fʁɑ̃sɛːz]) was a period of far-reaching social and political upheaval in France and its colonies beginning in 1789. The Revolution overthrew the monarchy, established a republic, catalyzed violent periods of political turmoil, and finally culminated in a dictatorship under Napoleon who brought many of its principles to areas he conquered in Western Europe and beyond. Inspired by liberal and radical ideas, the Revolution profoundly altered the course of modern history, triggering the global decline of absolute monarchies while replacing them with republics and liberal democracies.[1] Through the Revolutionary Wars, it unleashed a wave of global conflicts that extended from the Caribbean to the Middle East. Historians widely regard the Revolution as one of the most important events in human history.[2][3][4]

Through the Revolutionary Wars, it unleashed a wave of global conflicts that extended from the Caribbean to the Middle East. Historians widely regard the Revolution as one of the most important events in human history.[2][3][4]

The French Revolution, noted for its "unprecedented atheism," witnessed the first major political movement in history to advocate for the supremacy of human reason.[17]

Word Level 8 Oct 7, 2019

"Encyclopedia of Wars," authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod document the history of recorded warfare, and from their list of 1763 wars only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause, accounting for less than 7 percent of all wars and less than 2 percent of all people killed in warfare.

Word Level 8 Oct 7, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410507
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.