Agnostic.com

54 12

Did you ever find your calling? Or, are you still looking?

Have you been satisfied with a field of work? Or, are you still looking for the "right thing?"

Ever career change?

I've had two major career paths. A business major who was in Project Coordination & Social Work, then Finance... went to teaching. And, none was my "calling." Perhaps there is no such thing, but I haven't ever had a very fulfilling career that felt like a good fit. You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I dunno. I've always been a book worm and writer, so majored in English in college, with no definite idea how that would earn me a living.

Sure enough, there's no money in it, but at least it's something I will actually do, and it gives me space to move around and have variety. I don't agree with public school methods and most universities only hire part-time, or adjuct, professors, to avoid paying benefits.

The best I found was teaching ESL overseas in Thailand, where I can actually make a living because of low cost of living, but I did teach ESL at a university for a year, before they closed the program due to recruitment scams.

Not really just sampling a few ideas but I wanted to be a lawyer of some sort. But as for this site I think this is my true calling

Property developmemt and real estate is my dream along with being obscenely rich.

I have call waiting. I think my calling is retirement.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 22, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.