Agnostic.com

5 5

QUESTION POLL: Millennial Women Killing Republican Party - YouTube

TYT reports that currently 70% of millennial women identify as Democrats and 23% identify as Republican. However, millennial men are more evenly balanced between the two parties.

EdEarl 8 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is why I have been encouraging my millennial daughter to vote. I send her voter's change-of-address links, since Washington State has mail-in ballots.

Claire moved 12 times in the last eight years. Each time, I helped her update her voting mailing address. Encouraged her to vote Democrat. "Get your friends to vote!"

Excellent. This year may be the first in a very long time that progressives can win a few congressional seats and a senator or two. It will make a huge difference in our overall political voice; although, progressives will be far from having a majority. Their success in primaries has incumbents attention already.

This is why only women should have the vote! 😉

Jnei Level 8 Mar 23, 2018

Step up to only women should hold political office, or back off. No one takes away my right to vote.

Yaaaaas!

If the younger generation gets envolved, that can only help balance out some political issues, in my opinion! I can accept a generation gap, as life goes forward and a new way of looking at things is always an asset!

The country is liberal/progressive more than conservative, but the conservatives are very organized and don't give up. If enough of us vote, we can start to take control again.

@EdEarl I know, that is why I keep having to remind myself, that there really are more level headed people...than the people operating from fear and distrust of our whole social order!

@Freedompath True, and if we make the fearful ones feel safer, they will be more sensitive and generous.

Leftist indoctrination on college campuses.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 22, 2018

I think it has more to do with the systemic oppression of women as a minority group. It seems that the right has done everything it can to undo any forward advancement by the Feminist movement of the 70's. We are not going back to the 50's, I know all the right ever wants is to go back to the good old days of oppression of the out groups.

@Ktcyan I agree. They want simple solutions to complex problems and make things worse, so they escalate instead of trying something different.

Accusing colleges of indoctrination is a bizarre claim in my experience. My classes were almost exclusively science and mathematics.The English, History and Government classes were more or less the same as HS, except a bit harder. I don't recall any professor ever engaging in propaganda. It may have happened and I didn't notice. I'm sure some professors are liberal and if you now them socially, I'm sure they would have opinions. However, undergrads don't often have that opportunity Moreover ,there are conservative professors, including Alan Greenspan.

Its a natural effect of not being obstinately ignorant.

If you think the word "leftist" is a pejorative, you should reconsider. Education and indoctrination are not the same thing, but being uneducated makes it so much easier to indoctrinate people.

As far as I know, there are no colleges that feature leftist indoctrination; it is an emergent feature of education. I don't know whether it is a real phenomenon or fake news. Are conservatives converted into liberals because they get an education? That cannot be true in all cases, since there are many educated conservatives. If an education does convert conservatives into liberals, perhaps all conservatives should get additional education.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41312
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.