Agnostic.com

13 4

LINK Ralph Reed: Christians Have a “Moral Obligation” to Support Donald Trump in 2020 | Sarahbeth Caplin | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

I don't think so. Trump represents virtually everything which Christians are supposed to be against.

snytiger6 9 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If these Christians want to play politics then they should lose their tax exempt status......of course I'm for taxing all churches as the businesses that they really are. When they make a promise to their followers they should be sued for false advertising, promoting a fraudulent product, and non performance.

Christians have NO morals period...

Aaaanndd, the agenda comes out in the open!

"Your moral obligation is to support this abominably indecent and immoral man. He may be a liar and a rapist, but he's our liar and rapist."

The Republican party and the Religious Right are riding into this election with their double standard waving proudly in the air, and somehow nobody is calling them on it.

According to IRS rules for 501 (c ) 3 this is cause for losing their tax exempt status. The Johnson amendment is still in full force and if a true president and congress were to comply with the constitution they would force the IRS to obey the rules.

Yeah... It's a nice thought, but never going to happen.

@ScubaWags It will if we get the right people in charge. A good friend of mine was once an IRS agent and based in American Samoa. That island has a lot of churches and religion is rampant. She went after those who broke the rules and always won. The law is the law and even though some don't follow it this is as it should be. FFRF has sued the IRS twice and won and they are after them to obey the law. The first time they sued the IRS made the absurd statement that they made the law (which they didn't) so they can break it. Sorry, I refuse to bury my head in the sand and look the other way.

They probably will because who is more of a hypocrite than a christian who is brainwashed?

It would be a laugh telling all the Christian sub-cultures that one. Gay, poor, black, middle Eastern, Latino etc.

For some reason the whole Trump school seems to think that ‘Christian’ means white, middle class, Anglo-Celtic and over-privileged.

I didn’t think that Christianity or the Spirit of America worked like that!

That is where and who most of the voters are, white christain males.

I was just thinking about this in term of agencies and institutions trying to change the narrative and this message in particular is functionally the same as one that I predicted would be said.

Social engineering is a huge fucking deal and I think too many people are just letting it go or completely oblivious to its recent success.

That is one of the reasons why I think that when Reagan did away with "The Fairness Doctrine" and entertainment merged with providing information in the media, it really did a great deal of harm to the U.S.

@snytiger6 Even that was less of a big deal than what has happened in recent years, with people willfully giving up their own privacy only to have their information used by advertisers and politicians to help them meet their own agenda. Our democracy has been completely undermined. People have been reduced to data points, and their ideas and worldview have been made a commodity.

The doctrine of supporting Pro-Life politics bests all other moral issues.

This is the height of irony!!!
First, the Pro-Life view is completely fictitious and unsupported by the Bible.
The Pro-Life view comes from the Catholics, who the Evangelicals hate almost as much as the Jews.
And, the New Testament denounces political intrigue, while Trump demonstrates the lowest it can go.

Anyone who supports trump has no morals period!!!!

Right! Christians have a moral obligation to support the immoral, unethical, and often criminal behavior and character that is Donald Trump. It makes no sense at all.

When I was teenager, I recall those of my age group caught up in the evangelical movement talking about how one day Christians would not be allowed to buy or sell things and would be ostracized by society generally. I thought it was crazy talk - sort of anticipation for martyrdom. Given the events of today, however, and the absolutely stupid things evangelicals are expected/told to believe by promenant pastors and preachers, I can begin to understand how such considerations could be rationalized.

In Catholic schools I heard nuns say Catholics are persecuted.

@yvilletom Was that right before they rapped knuckles with rulers?

Moral and Trump in the same sentence? What an oxy moron!

I can imagine them in the same sentence ... but "complete lack of anything" would have to precede "moral" in describing Trump.

@RussRAB That sounds right to me.

They would not have a clue what morality was if it hit them on the head.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:413652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.