Agnostic.com

34 7

Do you as an atheist feel more intelligent than believers?

Now it has been proven.Yes you are.Some 63 psychological research reports were conducted and they concluded religious believes had a lower IQ Their report was published in the May 18, 2017 Newsweek.

iQ

Marine 8 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is difficult to say we are more intelligent than they are, but they hang to their believes even many times when the evidence before them suggests otherwise. i've often come to the conclusion that it goes back to THEIR childhood, when their parents introduced them into the world of religion, and it was done in a well meaning way. as these people grew into adulthood, even when they began to see thru and suspect that it wasn't quite what they had always thought, they ran into THIS one thought, "would MY parents ever have intentioanlly lied to me"?....and THAT question stops them cold !!!!

No I have some brilliant friends who believe in the higher power. I think some of them are hereditary Christians and some feel like it is a good role model for their lives.

Most morons in the world are religious people. I'm glad to not be one of them anymore. I have no problem knowing there is no such thing as god.

Being more logical does seem to make you more intelligent. Even so, we all have our little quirks. We tend to exaggerate at some point or another. I recently took an online test where they said if you pass this you have an IQ of at least 134. I scored 97 out of 100 questions and they were all about history in our recent past within 200 years. What did this have to do with IQ? I thought it was just a need to know and paying attention.

Click bait is what they're after. When those first came out I took a long test and got 129, then to see more would have cost $5.00. Forget about it who cares really. It doesn't really matter. At my age it's just a pastime thing.

Hi Rienndo, women live longer???? It’s women that kill men, that’s the reason for that (well that’s my opinion hehehe). James

Leon Level 5 Mar 25, 2018

I have the zeal of the convert. Since I was awakened to the fact that there are no dieities out there, much less one who cares about our well-being I Have felt like I have the inside line to tthe real. I got BRIGHT POWER tattooed down the back of my arms, don'y care who thinks that implies they are dim.

Hang around here long enough, you'll be cured of that notion. ?

I don't think a clear distinction could be determined between the two. I consider myself just as intelligent now as I was before becoming an atheist, except now I embrace the scientific method and a natural understanding of the world. I know atheists who are smarter than believers, and christians who are smarter than some atheists, so I'm inclined to believe the door swings both ways on that one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41504
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.