Agnostic.com

48 9

What's the largest obstacle that holds you back from being the person you want to be?

Mea 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Myself. I have OCD and it does interfere with every day life. Having said that, I am learning to manage it and, with some luck and determination, I should be able to overcome it and move forward in life. It isn't debilitating, but it does slow things down considerably.

I'm really good with who I am.
Although, lack of money is the obstacle that holds me back from doing what I would rather be doing.

My mental health, I set myself on track for quite a difficult career and it turned out that due to childhood trauma I just couldn't handle the stress long term. A shame really, I was good at what I did until I had my first break down 😟

Aww, I'm so sorry! It's good to hear that you put your emotional state over the job, even though I'm sure it was a tough decision.

Thank you, yes it was tough, but better than being sick.

With every day and every experience in my life, I am deciding what kind of person I will be..

Not knowing the person I want to be. I have no idea.

Hmmmm, probably about 5 million dollars. Just kidding. I am exactly who I want to be, and having a limited imagination, I cannot imagine being anyone else. So, there you go...

TIME!! This puzzle that is my life is only half finished. I would like to write a novel of some sort, I would LOVE to go on an expedition to Antarctica, I would like to run with the bulls once more....TIME!!

at 45, I can say I am the person I want to be at this point in my life. Now, doing the things I want to do is another story.

Perfect health. The most important thing in life.

The ability to travel faster than the speed of light. Other than that and having unlimited wealth. I can do anything within reason.

Me. Namely my self-confidence (or lack thereof, more accurately).

Tough question. I don't have an answer as I can not imagine being someone else. I am generally comfortable with who I am and realize the smallest tweaking of a personality/intelligence/etc. trait would likely produce a cascade of other characteristic changes with unforeseen consequences.

My mental health problems, lack of money, lack of transportation, and unstable living arrangements.

53 and content, Mea.

A few million dollars. I'm pretty much who I want to be, I just can't do all the things I want to do.

I lack more money than I need, I can't help others as I want to. I know you can't solve a problem by throwing money at it, I would like to improve the living conditions of people who need help through no fault of their own.

there isn't one

An overactive brain and anxiety. If I had the recources or ability to hone or control it, I'd probably be crushing life right now.

@silvereyes I’m trying 🙂. My solace is that I’ve already improved so much.

Myself. As an example I want to write a book but as much studying with how-to books and voracious reading I realized I was putting off the writing. The idea stays in my head. But in the past week I’ve realized if I do finish a piece it would expose who I am and that scares the shit out of me. I could make a fool out of myself. I’m always questioning myself.

Money. I need 15,946.327.58 Approx.

what if you had 15,946,327?

@btroje It would be okay. I'd borrow the rest.

Reality

I don't think there is any obstacle other than what is between my ears. Mindset plays a large role in this and there are ways to modify mindset.

yes anxiety for me

Since I would like to be a full-time world traveler, I would say the biggest obstacle is money. 🙂

Money is the Largest Obstacle Beacuse I feel guilty not being able to help people in my life that need me and need my help

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41580
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.