Agnostic.com

17 3

Continuation of the online date...we have met in RL..now and we like each other...but...and theres always a but....lol...she is vegan..I am omnivore..she does not smoke ...I smoke...she has dogs...I have cats...she is allergic to cats(have 2 cats) and I(hate) am allergic to dogs...where is the compromise here...is there any future ...someone help ....lol

James121 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Quit smoking. If not for her, for yourself. Once thestarry-eyed bllom wears off, she's going to notice everything you wear smells like ashtray. As for the diet, until she starts bringing her PETA friends over at dinner time to give you the stink-eye, you can work something out (and you know she won't be stealing all the BACON). Pet issue? Just date a little while and it'll either work itself out for better or worse,or they'll die off and you can share a turtle or iguana.

Definitely some challenges to overcome if you two fall in love.

Is it imperative that you spend every minute under each other's feet? Live apart so these differences don't drive you bonkers & deeply enjoy the time you have together!

The question is, how important is this person to you ? People are not disposable.

She should dump you. You hate dogs...lol.

You will stay together as long as you each are willing to swallow the other's crap. Based on your description, that's gonna take some work to engineer. I can't see a good path to suggest here, sorry. But don't give up and good luck bro.

I doubt it.

I could never be reconciled to someone who smokes, for instance.

I would never date or be with someone who gorges on meat and junk food. Gross.

I would never date someone with cats..they spread disease to humans and wildlife, and kill millions of birds and animals a year in the US alone.

I would never date someone who lets their dogs run loose outside or gives large dogs the run of the house, since dogs chase and kill baby birds, and I don't want to have to deal with some agressive, jealous dog in bed with us, spreading fleas.

But I'm not everyone, and some people are more willing to change for significant others than I am.

I see seperate but happy futures for the both of you!

No. it won't work. Allergies to pets, smoker and non-smoker.... no way.

I've seen the Vegan and Omnivore relationship work before, but if she really doesn't like the idea of eating meat, the tolerance will fade.

"We meet online most nights to play lotro online..."

Nice. Be supportive of/with each other until each of you find your true mates. If a potential mate insists you break off your special friendship, dump them. If the other doesn't dump the new beau, stand by- they will figure it out and drop them if you're still there for them. **

MikaB Level 5 Mar 22, 2018

If you don't like dogs don't even try.

What is RL? I thought I could handle cigarette smoke when I went to visit a fellow member on this site but all I did was cough and choke. He was a chain smoker. That wouldn't work for me.If she is allergic to cats -ay -my sister won't come to visit me she wheezes and coughs and you are allergic to dogs -thats a lot of coughing and sneezing in this relationship. As far as diet goes I think that could be managed but as far as smoking and allergies what then? Must be a lot of chemistry and hopefully you have something in common.....lol.

Real Life

Food is not an issue. Smoking is only an issue if she makes it one. Allergies can be rough to manage, and I would never ask someone to get rid of a pet for a relationship, so that one is your deal breaker if the allergies can't be managed. It's up to the two of you, though. As much as this community is great for input, you have to make your own decisions.

Vegan- Omni.... coool.. Sizzler- you can have a butt steak, she can have a garden salad and a 3-bean medley. Swell. But you both love animals the other is allergic to. Think of it of not being fair to the other having to sacrifice and more importantly, not fair to the animals you both each care for so much. Just be supportive to each other until you each find the right mate.

Since you asked, were I you, I would end it before anybody’s feelings get very involved. There is no way all of those things can work together. Just my belief.

Honestly? Just be friends. That's WAAAY too much to sacrifice of each other and your selves
. I will elaborate if really necessary, but it IS clear.

We meet online most nights to play lotro online...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41595
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.