Agnostic.com

11 8

Right-Wing Extremist are a Bigger Threat to America than ISIS

From Newsweek:

"According to Arie Perliger, director of terrorism studies at the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, the three ideologies within the violent American far-right are racist, anti-federalist and fundamentalist. Each has subgroups—

1. The racists include white supremacy groups such as the KKK, neo-Nazis and skinheads, which can differ in subtle ways.

2. The anti-federalists include militias, self-defined "patriot" groups and what are so-called "sovereign citizens,'' who hold that they are legally bound only by their personal interpretation of common law and are otherwise not subject to federal, state or local laws.

3. The fundamentalists are primarily Christian identity groups that believe the biblical war of good vs. evil is between descendants of Anglo-Saxon nations and all other ethnic groups.

4. Tangential to the fundamentalists are the anti-abortion attackers, who also invoke religion as a foundational motive for their violence.

"These disparate groups of people—violent and nonviolent—pine for different versions of a highly idealized past."

[newsweek.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm still in an early stage of studies into internal terrorism in the USA, but the most dangerous player of the above group are the anti-Federalists. These can be comprised of all of the others and include the full spectrum of political attitudes and ideologies.
They can become united by a common idea that they are defending the freedoms laid out by the founding fathers and that federalism is another name for tyranny. To them, they are the heroes, not supermen like racists, nor driven by the word of a pretend big brother in the sky, just ordinary folk, who are standing up for freedom.

I always believed no power from off our shores would defeat us. If our democracy falls it will come from within and not necessarily from right wing violent groups. Lazy citizens who can't bother to vote, even though in most states there is early voting. They want what they can get, but do not want anyone else to have anything. Too many politicians in DC and many state capitols work for the rich and powerful.

Always have, always will.

Such racist ahd white supremacist extremists have been the greatest threat to our nation ever since the 1840s.

This is so true. I wish more people could see it this way.

It is funny how all those groups are Trumpers. Unfortunately, grouped together, they hold a lot of voting power! Thanks for posting this. I am going to use it at our next meeting.

@JackBord

Trump calls himself a nationalist. He is clearly racist, sexist and bigoted. He only wants white-skinned people to immigrate to America. He called the Charlottesville racists "very fine people."

What drives these people is fear.

"The U.S. Census Bureau predicts that before 2050, the majority of the USA will be made up of minority populations. According to Pew's research, 46 percent of white people fear that would weaken U.S. culture."

[usatoday.com]

@LiterateHiker Remind me to do some reading on the minorities and reply to this. Currently fitting in nicely with my studies into American cities and race.

Trump's base. They left out the anti-semitics.

@Mitch07102

Read the article. They included terrorism against Jewish people.

"Robert Bowers, who killed 11 people at the Tree of Life Jewish Synagogue in Pittsburgh, also was motivated by extreme right-wing views. He espoused anti-immigrant and anti-Jewish views on Gab, a social media network that has been embraced by white nationalists.

"Just before the shooting, Bowers posted a comment on his Gab account referencing the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS): “HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics. I’m going in."

yes there is a whole lot more going on then we know about quietly ,when there ready i suspect it will erupt with vengence

How did it ever come to this?😔

@WayneDalton

Look up: "the rise of right-wing extremism and terrorism in the United States."

[csis.org]

And trump considers them allies

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 25, 2019

...and Trump eggs them on at every turn. They're the perfect mirror for his narcissism. Dangerous times ahead, as his peril and hysteria grows.

This situation is far worse than most people realize.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418222
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.