Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Scientists reveal how the fossil fuel industry misled the public about climate change

An international group of scientists show that fossil fuel corporations have, for decades, denied the public's right to be accurately informed about climate change by funding efforts to deceive people about the dangers of their product. A report illustrating how the industry "polluted the information landscape," and how the damage could be undone is published today [Monday 21 October].

HippieChick58 9 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No surprise, the gasoline/lead industry lied, the tobacco industry lied, drug manufacturers lied, monsanto lied. The bottom line is what matters, shareholders matter nothing else, even if it kills us.

Reminds me of the tobacco industry. Corrupt corporations must be fought!

Lobbying in this country is out of control. Koch Industries, Exxon and the rest should be planting a few BILLION trees around the world to help offset the damage. This should anger everyone on the planet.

MizJ Level 8 Oct 26, 2019

I just started reading Blowout by Rachel Maddow. Excellent read for those looking for more info.

MizJ Level 8 Oct 26, 2019

Anthony Sampson's book The Seven Sisters written in 1975 for more back story on the oil industry.

@silverotter11 Thanks, I'll add it to my list

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.