Agnostic.com

6 7

Twitter Will Ban All Political Ads, a direct shot at Zuck

Twitter will no longer allow political advertising on its platform, founder Jack Dorsey announced Wednesday out of concern for the spread of misinformation.

“Why? A few reasons ... ” Dorsey began a long string of tweets.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That still leaves the insidious rumors and inuendo, and bots pretending to be people.

@BitFlipper

Read Dorsey's tweets in the article.

"Internet political ads present entirely new challenges to civic discourse: machine learning-based optimization of messaging and micro-targeting, unchecked misleading information, and deep fakes. All at increasing velocity, sophistication, and overwhelming scale."

@LiterateHiker I'm talking about the communication that can't be identified as advertising.

@BitFlipper

Twitter is working to identify and delete bots, too.

This is 100% a good thing. If this forces Zuckerberg to do the same to compete, Democracy wins!

hope it goes much further

Heard this on NPR as I drove home this evening. I am glad that all political ads will stop on at least one platform.

It's a start.

Lots of Trump's tweets could be construed as ads, will they be banned ? 😀

Unfortunately, Trump does not pay Twitter for his daily rants. It appears that they will continue to be "aired."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:420272
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.