Agnostic.com

7 3

We have labels for everything, I’m atheist, vegan, I practice meditation & mindfulness, musician, yoga, dad, friend, activist, Democrat, I could go on. Life's a journey, 54, finally comfortable in my own skin. An eyebrow goes up when I find a republican meditation guru or an angry vegan. I believe being congruent in all things takes away the struggles of life so you can just be, not that things don’t need work but they don’t need the struggle, what do you think?

ArdentAtheist 8 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yup..follow your bliss.

Don't know if I'd use the word 'congruent' . I would say I try to avoid cognitive dissonance.

I agree, avoiding cognitive dissonance would be another way to put it. If there is a better single word than congruent I’d be happy to replace it, or perhaps it just requires 3 words?

We don't all fit a mold, and we're also all a work in progress. So maybe that angry vegan just started mindfulness training yesterday.

Let us know when you have no incongruence in your life - any one of us could find you a hyperactive child with ADD to babysit for a day... 😉

I work at it, I simply don’t care to stress over the process. Maybe he did? Cheers

The way that you describe it, being "congruent" sounds a little like following the party line, and I don't relate. I am Atheist, Liberal, pro-choice, pro-science, pro-equal pay and pro-family leave. I am also pro-nuclear, and I favor the death penalty. Life isn't black and white.

Getting old definitly has it's benefits! I really don't care what anyone thinks of me, I like me more now than ever. I found a meme that defines me wellthough I don't remember it entirely correct; I'm peace, I'm light, I'm the stars, and a little go fuck yourself!

I don't likeconfrontation unless its a protest march. I avoid Republicans, Conservatives, bigots, trumpsters, haters, etc. I am Liberal, Democrat, pro-diversity, pro-immigration,freethinker, animal lover, music enthusist, activist and cancer survivor.

Good choice, the athiest and vegan part

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.