Agnostic.com

13 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought most everyone knew that humans originated somewhere in Africa, though the exact site shifts as more data is obtained. Apparently not, and when I mention this to certain people, they choose to not believe it.

Doubtful it was the biblical "garden"

Don’t be an asp. 😂

"Lucy" 200,000-400,000 years ago.....hello?

Personally, I think Pangaea breaking spread humans. All cultures have a myth of a great flood. All approximately the same time frame. This could be explained by I super Continent where people not close to the ocean, suddenly became close to the ocean. Africa would've been at the center of that.

The Sun is a tabloid newspaper that specializes in sensational purple journalism. Not exactly a credible source on anything.

FYI: here is some background on The Sun: The Sun is a tabloid newspaper published in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. As a broadsheet, it was founded in 1964 as a successor to the Daily Herald, and became a tabloid in 1969 after it was purchased by its current owner. It is published by the News Group Newspapers division of News UK, itself a wholly owned subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. Since The Sun on Sunday was launched in February 2012, the paper has been a seven-day operation. The Sun previously had the largest circulation of any daily newspaper in the United Kingdom, but it was overtaken by rival Metro in March says paper has its "own mind"

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Furthermore:
Five years after its arrival on Fleet Street, the Sun was up for sale partly because of losses dating back to its predecessor, the Herald.
As a broadsheet, the paper was attracting a daily readership of one million.

There were two key players interested in buying: the millionaire Labour MP Robert Maxwell and the right-leaning Australian newspaper proprietor Rupert Murdoch, who already owned The News of the World.

Mr Murdoch clinched the deal and immediately relaunched the Sun as a tabloid - shortly followed by the introduction of the Page Three girls.

In 1978 The Sun overtook its closest rival The Mirror in the circulation war.

In 1986 Mr Murdoch introduced new print technology and moved the Sun to Wapping.

In 1997 the Sun returned to its Labour roots and backed Tony Blair for Prime Minister.

In early 2006 the paper's circulation was 3.1 million.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Yes the Sun is trash. The crossword is the best bit 😉

Purple journalism?!
I thought it was yellow.
Is there a difference?
No argument, just curious.

@AttilaThePun

I've heart both.

How can the media be so stupid to use a biblical term and call it "real" catering to the ridiculous book and their brainnwashed followers, when what they've found is an environment where all humans originated.

You lost me at eden.

This finding is based on current DNA profiles. So until reinforced by other evidence, it's not definitive. More ghastly science reporting by the MSM, as usual. [theness.com]

As your article finishes...

“ While it’s great that experts are debating about our levels of certainty and alternative interpretations of the data, over the years the big picture is that the evidence has been movign in the direction of a common human ancestor at about this time, 200,000 years ago, in about this location, somewhere in Africa. This new data pushes us further in that direction.”

....so I see nothing to support your “ghastly science reporting” premise.

Well, genus Homo is about that old, so, makes sense.

How do they explain Austrulapithicus and Ardipolithicus?

What! Descended from black people? Quelle horreur!

Seriously, though, that theory has been criticised for ignoring information that places evidence of early man in many places in Africa.

It’s the 200,000 years ago that messes with biblical “knowledge”

I see. I missed the point!

@Science-guy Why?. It says nothing in the old testament about how old humanity is. The oft mentioned 6000 years was calculated by an Irish clergyman in Victorian times.

@Moravian Yes but bishop Usher's, (May not have spelled that right.) basic data is still there in the bible, and even if you ignore it, there are large numbers of young earth creationists who don't. Science-guy makes a valid point.

I would be disappointed if the scientists were the ones who used this phrase.

As for theists- they have trouble with metaphors. They won't understand that this isn't scientific evidence of a Biblical myth.

They will never hear about it. They are safe in their cocoon of ignorance. 7 days for creation and all that

Yes and the “yesterday” thing the Bible “teaches”.

@Science-guy
Yes, something like a 197,000 years!

Actually it is reinforcement for the religious folks. The bottom line is a "real" Garden of Eden. It's like finding Noah's Ark. Never mind that neither of them ever existed. Did they find Adam's tomb? Surely he had one. he was so smart that he named all the animals and creatures. Latin is a basic language for many others but Adam did this long before Latin came along. I suppose he named nats and skeeters too. I'm waiting to know the name of the first disease germ. Maybe we can finally find out where Cain got his wife.You know religion is all trucked up when it teaches the mark of protection on Cain was that god turned him into a black man.

Just sayin.'

Ya. Except it predates the biblical timeline by a few years.

Pretty sure that's the Morons church
Excuse me- Mormon church

Ok

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:421519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.