Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK AHA Speaker Series | Humanist Spirituality - American Humanist Association

Interesting lecture in the DC area. You may be able to live stream it. Spiritual but not religious is the topic.

GreatNani 8 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live in the reddest state in the nation but somehow have connected with all the liberals in my little town. They actually found me after I started writing letters to the editor. In other words stand proud about what you believe in and they will come.

Sorry this post was meant for another post where it might have actuslly made sense

I belong to this group but, lately, am having a ideological problem with it. My question to them is: How can we realistically deal with Climate Change (and he myriad of other serious environmental issues) when our focus has been mainly on the symptoms rather than the causes?

Okay. I missed it or it went right over my head. If that is the case I apologise for this question. I read the link, but was unable to link to the discussion.

How exactly are you having a problem with a discussion which centers on broaching the whole spiritual issue? How does that relate to the environmental issues?

@Heathenman My impression of 'spiritual' is about inner movements which often denotes emotions. I wonder but doubt spiritual as being associated with reason. My issue with the Humanist group involves too much cognitive dissonance and too little reasoned based ideology.

I'm spiritual enough to look at a sunset.

And I’m enough of a materialist to enjoy a sunset, as well. So, what’s the difference?

I got a bit excited there when I saw AHA...thinking it was my favourite band!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:421751
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.