Agnostic.com

2 7

LINK The neuroscientist shattering the myth of the gendered brain

Neuroscientist Gina Rippon has been ruffling some feathers with her research that is shattering the myth of the gendered brain.

Her work reveals how brains reflect the life they have lived, not the sex of their owners. And that there is no consistent evidence that shows fundamental differences between the brains of men and women. In other words, there is no such thing as the male or female brain.

HippieChick58 9 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I posted a comment on here a few months back saying essentially this - I don’t remember what the initial post was. I worked for a while with a brilliant neuro researcher whose work was similar - scientists cannot differentiate a male or female brain based on physiology or MRI or brain activity. A man angrily replied how I’m such a moron and men and women have completely different brains and I’ve wasted my life and a bunch of other really hostile stuff. Only person I’ve ever blocked here.

Good article. As with so much that effects how we perceive things, what we are taught from early on plays the biggest part of what we become. I do not discount what individual feel about themselves but the nerve, synapsis, fluid paths, etc. seem to be no different for any sex.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:421876
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.